Default 18' seas, 50 knot gusts from west!

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41004

Shouldn't be any lack of power to head into the Gulf Stream today and
tomorrow! The Ashley River in front of my house looks like the open
Atlantic! Man the wind is blowin' across the Southeast....and during a
RACE WEEKEND? Who screwed up?! Race weekends hardly have any wind at
all...(c;

One of my buddies at NOAA Charleston said he saw many 50+ knot gusts at the
airport. Great time to practice those C-17 touch and gos. Haven't heard a
single USAF plane all day....grounded.

Rock 'n Roll at the marinas. Better add some more lines and make sure that
damned roller furler is all wrapped up tight.

Larry

Larry wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41004

Shouldn't be any lack of power to head into the Gulf Stream today and
tomorrow! The Ashley River in front of my house looks like the open
Atlantic! Man the wind is blowin' across the Southeast....and during a
RACE WEEKEND? Who screwed up?! Race weekends hardly have any wind at
all...(c;

One of my buddies at NOAA Charleston said he saw many 50+ knot gusts at the
airport. Great time to practice those C-17 touch and gos. Haven't heard a
single USAF plane all day....grounded.

Rock 'n Roll at the marinas. Better add some more lines and make sure that
damned roller furler is all wrapped up tight.

Larry

Looks like Donna Lange is heading into it.
Gordon

"Gordon" wrote

Looks like Donna Lange is heading into it.

Yes, and as she said in her last report, she could have been sipping beer in
Bermuda. She thought about it but evidently wasn't able to reach her
weather advisor so relied on the Gribs and faxes. Hopefully all she'll get
is a sound thrashing. The North Atlantic near the stream can be as rough
this time of year as anyplace she's been.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

"Gordon" wrote

Looks like Donna Lange is heading into it.

Yes, and as she said in her last report, she could have been sipping
beer in Bermuda. She thought about it but evidently wasn't able to
reach her weather advisor so relied on the Gribs and faxes. Hopefully
all she'll get is a sound thrashing. The North Atlantic near the
stream can be as rough this time of year as anyplace she's been.

--
Roger Long

The wind has risen since I posted. It's blowing straight across the
river, now from the West so hard my monitor on this desk is wiggling on
its plastic base. Something big hit the roof about 20 minutes ago,
probably off the oak tree overhead, but I can't find out what it is.
Must still be on the roof I can't see. If this keeps up it'll blow off
by morning.

In the past hour, the wind rises to a peak, somewhere around 40 gusting
50, then slacks to 25 for a few moments and starts rising up that peak,
again. It's just like an offshore hurricane is headed to Charleston,
making the locals very nervous who were here for Hugo in '89....like me!

Larry

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

"Gordon" wrote

Looks like Donna Lange is heading into it.

Yes, and as she said in her last report, she could have been sipping
beer in Bermuda. She thought about it but evidently wasn't able to
reach her weather advisor so relied on the Gribs and faxes. Hopefully
all she'll get is a sound thrashing. The North Atlantic near the
stream can be as rough this time of year as anyplace she's been.

--
Roger Long

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41004

41 mi SE of Charleston is showing a good, solid 40 knots for the past
hour.

Navy Tower M2R6 off Savannah is over 51 knot gusts!
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=SKMG1

Looks worse S of Charleston than N of Charleston...

Larry

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:46:34 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

She thought about it but evidently wasn't able to reach her
weather advisor so relied on the Gribs and faxes.

The Gribs I get via Sailmail have been predicting it for 5 days.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

wrote:

She thought about it but evidently wasn't able to reach her
weather advisor so relied on the Gribs and faxes.

The Gribs I get via Sailmail have been predicting it for 5 days.

Wind has dropped considerably, now that the temperature has dropped 30
degrees.

If any of you know of Global Warming, would you send some of it to
Charleston, tonight to save on the electric bill.....(c;

Larry

HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
A summer day in the islands [email protected] General 7 February 12th 05 03:21 PM
36 foot waves forecasted for Florida western panhandle Wayne.B General 39 September 21st 04 06:07 PM
Key West Offshore and Kneeldown Classes TStaron Power Boat Racing 11 November 16th 03 02:25 PM