posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
.

On Mar 28, 8:50 pm, "Scotty" w@u wrote:

What does this say about your butt-buddy, Capt Neal? He
owns a lowly Craponado27. In fact he's so poor he has to
live on it!

He would say it reflects Neals status in life.

Pablo Picasso had his Blue Period, Neal is in his Purple

Period.

Neal still gets periods?

SBV

TMI....waaaaayyyyyTMI....

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

What should a hired escort be wearing?

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Mar 27, 8:47 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
Wilbur Hubbard

plonk

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

depends on the weather. Mine usually wear jeans and a
t-shirt.

SBV

"Lloyd Bonafide" wrote in message
What should a hired escort be wearing?

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Lloyd Bonafide" wrote in message
What should a hired escort be wearing?

Something slinky and slippery and easy to remove.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 28, 11:18 am, "claus" wrote:
For a look at Captain Neal's Swan 68, go to this linkhttp://www.homestead.com/captneal/Vessel.html

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

There are sailboats and there are sailboats. Your boat should be a
reflection of your own life's ambition. If you are just a poor schmuck
living in a double-wide in Pennsylvania then anything you can come up with
to sail I say more power to you. A working man has to do what he can to
get out on the water and should realize even an unnoteworthy vessel is
better than no vessel at all.

On the other hand, people of means should sail a boat that reflects their
status in life. Not only boats but autos, for example. If I hire a
financial advisor I will have more confidence in his abilities if he
arrives for a meeting in a Mercedes rather than a Kia. If go to a brain
surgeon for an operation I sure don't want to see the dude arriving in an
old Volkswagen. See what I mean? If I go to the Tour de France I don't
want see the pros riding a thirty-year-old Schwinn with balloon tires.
You expect people to have and use things that reflect their wealth and
station in life.

The same goes for lawyers. If I hire a lawyer and he shows up in court to
litigate for me wearing cut-offs and a t-shirt, I will quickly inform him
I no longer require his services. Any lawyer I hire had better show up
wearing a quality Italian suit, silk tie and patent leather shoes.

Keeping this in mind, don't you think it would be wise for a lawyer to
show up in this group with boat having a quality name. A Hinckley, a Swan,
a Wauquiez, a Morris, an Oyster, a Contest. You get the picture. Could you
honestly have much confidence in a lawyer who could not afford one of the
above or was so ignorant that he sailed a MacGregor 26? How much
confidence could you have in a man fighting in court for your life or
freedom who had such low standards and questionable IQ that, in his
everyday life, he actually bragged about owning and sailing Mac26?

Your sailboat is more than some lame toy. It should be and is, even if you
won't admit it, a reflection of the kind of man you are. That's why I sail
a Swan 68. I certainly would never retain a lawyer unless he sailed
something equivalent.

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

Speaking of Sailing your "status", or looking your "image"

Look at Neal:
http://www.homestead.com/captneal/files/Capt.Neal.jpg

The guys at my local tire shop dress the same way. So do the part
time security guards at the factory.

Neal, didn't I see that same pic in "Trailer Park Living" magazine?

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Tim" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 28, 11:18 am, "claus" wrote:
[...]

Quite a handsome gentleman, no doubt. But what does the good Captain
have to do with me, Wilbur Hubbard?

Wilbur Hubbard - not some little captain, but an Admiral.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 31, 5:56 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 28, 11:18 am, "claus" wrote:
[...]

The "Captain" would probably like to know that as well.

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

There are sailboats and there are sailboats. Your boat should be a
reflection of your own life's ambition. If you are just a poor schmuck
living in a double-wide in Pennsylvania then anything you can come up
with to sail I say more power to you. A working man has to do what he
can to get out on the water and should realize even an unnoteworthy
vessel is better than no vessel at all.

Keeping this in mind, don't you think it would be wise for a lawyer to
show up in this group with boat having a quality name. A Hinckley, a
Swan, a Wauquiez, a Morris, an Oyster, a Contest. You get the picture.
Could you honestly have much confidence in a lawyer who could not afford
one of the above or was so ignorant that he sailed a MacGregor 26?

To anyone who hasn't realized it, Wilbur (or whoever he is) posted the
initial note trolling in an attempt to get a response from me (the only
lawyer on the ng who owns a MacGregor). Since I didn't take the bait, he
was stuck with all the indignant responses from everyone else and more
or less made an ass of himself. Sorry, Wilbur. - Better luck next time!

As for my legal practice, although I'm technically retired, I have all
the work I can handle, thank you.

Jim