Default Went up to the boat today

Peter Hendra wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:55:16 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Intending to start my spring work, I went up to Marinette WI were I
keep Essie, about a 40 minute drive up the western shore of Green
Bay. Had lunch, went to the marina, found that during the past few
weeks in which we actually had winter snow, someone has been
shoveling the snow and piling it up in several places -- most
inconveniently, under the port buttocks of Escapade. Did my best to
clear through the remaining snow and ice so that I could place my
ladder for boarding, but couldn't get through the four inches or so
located just exactly where I needed to put the ladder legs to get
through the door in my winter shrink-wrap cover.

Bugger it all.

On the bright side, it appears that I'm the only one who thinks that
it's time to be getting the boat ready for spring. Not another
living soul at the marina.

Karin

Hi Karin,
I'm afraid that I can't feel sorry for you. Down here in Trinidad it
is quite the opposite. Undertaking any physical effort at all means
that perspiration literally pours off. Trying to hand sand something
for example means that you have to move your head to one side of the
piece of work so that sweat does not drip and cause the sandpaper to
clog. Shorts offer no protection from the sun and trousers are too hot
so I wear a sarong all day - fine at home in Malaysia where everyone
wears them, but here.. the comments have died down now about my
"dress".

It gets so hot during the early afternoon that sitting down for a
break and a cup of coffee usually results in falling asleep.

I would just love to be able to stand in your wonderful invigorating
cold for just a few minutes now and then during the working day.

If everything is frozen, how long is your boating season?

cheers
Peter

It's called "global warming" and I am told we should all be doing something
about it, such as giving up our gas-guzzling cars and buying tiny electric
ones.

Maybe you should frog-march one of these idiots to your boat and force him
to clear the snow.

He will take a sample and tell you it's from the Greenland ice cap.

Poor sods, should we get them all certified?

Dennis.

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

It's called "global warming" and I am told we should all be doing
something about it, such as giving up our gas-guzzling cars and buying
tiny electric ones.

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only 6000
years old).

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs together
for the last several thousand years.

Larry
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers:
http://tinyurl.com/3ayl9c

Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only 6000
years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs together
for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some research before posting such foolishness.

"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only
6000 years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican
Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs
together for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some
research before posting such foolishness.

Read this:
http://epw.senate.gov/repwhitepapers...ld%20Media.pdf
and you will see how wrong you are.

Wilbur Hubbard

"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only
6000 years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican
Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs
together for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some research
before posting such foolishness.

The problem with Al Gore's "research" is that he had a preconceived
notion -- ie that humans are causing Global Warming -- then set about to
find "studies" which proved that idea. He conveniently discards any study
which refutes his claims, and blows others entirely out of proportion.

The earth's climate is anything but static. We are fortunate to be living in
a WARM period, but even so this "warm" period is quite cool compared with
eras past. Humans have a tendency to view the world as it is *now* as
somehow the way it should always be. We build along shorelines thinking that
the shoreline must *always* be in the same place. We build in areas which
are pleasant for us to live in thinking that they must *always* be pleasant
places to live in. The world doesn't care what we want, and is constantly
changing.

http://www.cei.org/pages/ait_response.cfm

krj krj is offline

KLC Lewis wrote:
"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

[...]

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day. The forest helps
cleanse the atmosphere of Co2

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:42:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

It's called "global warming" and I am told we should all be doing
something about it, such as giving up our gas-guzzling cars and buying
tiny electric ones.

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only 6000
years old).

Correction Larry,
6,010 years
Archbishop Usher set the date as 9am in the morning of the 10th of
October 4004 BC

And......., you've neglected to cite him as a source. We don't want
any more nasty recriminations do we?

cheers
Peter

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs together
for the last several thousand years.

Larry

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

6,010 years
Archbishop Usher set the date as 9am in the morning of the 10th of
October 4004 BC

They probably cut anyone's head off that asked where His Immenseness got
that information....(c;

Larry
--
Alltel Axcess TV - 10 minutes of TV
then it dumps you until you click to

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:04:33 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

6,010 years
Archbishop Usher set the date as 9am in the morning of the 10th of
October 4004 BC

They probably cut anyone's head off that asked where His Immenseness got
that information....(c;

Larry

No Larry,
They weren't that barbaric in the 17th century.

They just burned them alive at the stake. This was more civilised as
they might sometimes be given the chance to recant before they were
burned in which case they were humanely strangled first, burned after.
At least their souls would be saved.

Peter