Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Went up to the boat today

Peter Hendra wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:55:16 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Intending to start my spring work, I went up to Marinette WI were I
keep Essie, about a 40 minute drive up the western shore of Green
Bay. Had lunch, went to the marina, found that during the past few
weeks in which we actually had winter snow, someone has been
shoveling the snow and piling it up in several places -- most
inconveniently, under the port buttocks of Escapade. Did my best to
clear through the remaining snow and ice so that I could place my
ladder for boarding, but couldn't get through the four inches or so
located just exactly where I needed to put the ladder legs to get
through the door in my winter shrink-wrap cover.

Bugger it all.

On the bright side, it appears that I'm the only one who thinks that
it's time to be getting the boat ready for spring. Not another
living soul at the marina.

Karin

Hi Karin,
I'm afraid that I can't feel sorry for you. Down here in Trinidad it
is quite the opposite. Undertaking any physical effort at all means
that perspiration literally pours off. Trying to hand sand something
for example means that you have to move your head to one side of the
piece of work so that sweat does not drip and cause the sandpaper to
clog. Shorts offer no protection from the sun and trousers are too hot
so I wear a sarong all day - fine at home in Malaysia where everyone
wears them, but here.. the comments have died down now about my
"dress".

It gets so hot during the early afternoon that sitting down for a
break and a cup of coffee usually results in falling asleep.

I would just love to be able to stand in your wonderful invigorating
cold for just a few minutes now and then during the working day.

If everything is frozen, how long is your boating season?

cheers
Peter

It's called "global warming" and I am told we should all be doing something
about it, such as giving up our gas-guzzling cars and buying tiny electric
ones.

Maybe you should frog-march one of these idiots to your boat and force him
to clear the snow.

He will take a sample and tell you it's from the Greenland ice cap.

Poor sods, should we get them all certified?

Dennis.