Default Went up to the boat today

Don White wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message
Peter Hendra wrote in
:

If everything is frozen, how long is your boating season?

cheers
Peter

Peter, the correct question to ask people from the North and Canadians is:

"What day was Summer last year?"

That always gets a better "rise" out of them....hee hee.

Larry
--

I'll have you know we have a lovely six week summer up here... July & 1st
half of August (if it doesn't rain too much)

And if you're in the Pacific North West, the rainy season only lasts
from Jan 1 to December 31. Course, you could come up for the slug
festival. The banana slugs are especially quick if you into racing them!

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

It's called "global warming" and I am told we should all be doing
something about it, such as giving up our gas-guzzling cars and buying
tiny electric ones.

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only 6000
years old).

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs together
for the last several thousand years.

Larry
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers:
http://tinyurl.com/3ayl9c

Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only 6000
years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs together
for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some research before posting such foolishness.

"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only
6000 years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican
Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs
together for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some
research before posting such foolishness.

Read this:
http://epw.senate.gov/repwhitepapers...ld%20Media.pdf
and you will see how wrong you are.

Wilbur Hubbard

"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only
6000 years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican
Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs
together for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some research
before posting such foolishness.

The problem with Al Gore's "research" is that he had a preconceived
notion -- ie that humans are causing Global Warming -- then set about to
find "studies" which proved that idea. He conveniently discards any study
which refutes his claims, and blows others entirely out of proportion.

The earth's climate is anything but static. We are fortunate to be living in
a WARM period, but even so this "warm" period is quite cool compared with
eras past. Humans have a tendency to view the world as it is *now* as
somehow the way it should always be. We build along shorelines thinking that
the shoreline must *always* be in the same place. We build in areas which
are pleasant for us to live in thinking that they must *always* be pleasant
places to live in. The world doesn't care what we want, and is constantly
changing.

http://www.cei.org/pages/ait_response.cfm

krj krj is offline

KLC Lewis wrote:
"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

[...]

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day. The forest helps
cleanse the atmosphere of Co2

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:13:23 -0400, krj said:

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day.

Trying to justify bad behavior by pointing at other bad behavior?

Planting trees is one of the best things we can do to "help the
environment." Creating an aribitrary and utterly impossible law requiring
the US to reduce CO2 emmissions by 90% by 2050 is simply absurd. Makes much
more sense to stop killing "the lungs of the Earth" than it does to force
people to stop exhaling.

krj krj is offline

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:13:23 -0400, krj said:

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day.

Trying to justify bad behavior by pointing at other bad behavior?

No. Just trying to point out that all the 'supposed' increase in co2 is
not just autos. Destroying all those also increases it.

In article ,
KLC Lewis wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:13:23 -0400, krj said:

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day.

Trying to justify bad behavior by pointing at other bad behavior?

Planting trees is one of the best things we can do to "help the
environment." Creating an aribitrary and utterly impossible law requiring
the US to reduce CO2 emmissions by 90% by 2050 is simply absurd. Makes much
more sense to stop killing "the lungs of the Earth" than it does to force
people to stop exhaling.

From what I've read, the best method to actually have a significant
effect on the rate of global warming is to take both personal action
and have gov't take action. The personal action doesn't have to be
that terrible. For example, swapping out CFBs for regular lightbulbs
would make a huge difference. I believe GE is phasing them out in the
next few years. On the gov't side, it works best if market forces are
used/encouraged. For example, being able to trade carbon credits would
create a market incentive to reduce greenhouse gasses. We really need
a realistic cap and a trading system.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com