krj krj is offline

Default Went up to the boat today

KLC Lewis wrote:
"the_bmac" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Way too much Al Gore. The earth is in one of the coldest eras of its
history (unless you're a Christian that believes the Universe is only
6000 years old).

coldest? This is a bad joke yes? Perhaps you work for the Republican
Party, Exxon?

As to the CO2 causing "global warming", you need to put the graphs
together for the last several thousand years.

psst...while you were out, this has been done. Try doing some research
before posting such foolishness.

The problem with Al Gore's "research" is that he had a preconceived
notion -- ie that humans are causing Global Warming -- then set about to
find "studies" which proved that idea. He conveniently discards any study
which refutes his claims, and blows others entirely out of proportion.

The earth's climate is anything but static. We are fortunate to be living in
a WARM period, but even so this "warm" period is quite cool compared with
eras past. Humans have a tendency to view the world as it is *now* as
somehow the way it should always be. We build along shorelines thinking that
the shoreline must *always* be in the same place. We build in areas which
are pleasant for us to live in thinking that they must *always* be pleasant
places to live in. The world doesn't care what we want, and is constantly
changing.

http://www.cei.org/pages/ait_response.cfm

And why has Al Gore et al failed to mention the thousands of rain forest
that falls to logging and slash and burn every day. The forest helps
cleanse the atmosphere of Co2