Default On line charts

I know that noa charts are now free to download. I want to view them (just
on my PC, I use paper on the boat). but am confused as to which view to
download and how to load the chart into that view.

What is the consensus for the easiest to use view and how hard is it to get
to work
thanks

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net

Dennis,

There are many programs that you can use to view electronic charts.

See this for a partial list:

http://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/resources.htm

You can download as many charts, raster and vector, as you like.

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem

It sure is annoying.
I never got 'proficient' enough in the 30 day free trial.
I like the shareware concept, but none of the programs were worth
purchasing,
so I just use the online viewer...

They say that soon the charts will be available as *.tif 's. At that
time we
can see the charts with just about any program [even M$_IE].

but alas

On Mar 3, 8:04 pm, "Dennis Gibbons" wrote:
I know that noa charts are now free to download. I want to view them (just
on my PC, I use paper on the boat). but am confused as to which view to
download and how to load the chart into that view.

What is the consensus for the easiest to use view and how hard is it to get
to work
thanks

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net

More info on the Charts CD Chuck Gould General 34 November 17th 06 03:30 AM
Electronic Charting Don Bouchard Cruising 23 September 24th 06 01:34 PM
Heaving a line N1EE ASA 28 January 9th 04 05:37 PM
More on Reflected power on antenna feed lines Gary Schafer Electronics 0 November 24th 03 01:19 AM
The Lay of Völund Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 25th 03 02:19 AM