Default Something-ville Virginia??

Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most magnificent
thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down here
in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

ta

Hoges in WA

Hoges in WA wrote:
Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most magnificent
thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down here
in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

Deltaville is a major sailing center in Virginia. Its in Chesapeake
Bay, about halfway down from the Potomac River to Norfolk.

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Hoges in WA wrote:
Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most
magnificent thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on
it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down
here in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

Deltaville is a major sailing center in Virginia. Its in Chesapeake Bay,
about halfway down from the Potomac River to Norfolk.

That's it!! Thanks. It was a very, very good looking boat.

"Hoges in WA" wrote:

Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most magnificent
thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down here
in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

It's not necessary for someone's home port in the US to be an actual
port. You can have your home port in Colorado or Wyoming if you
want. It's not even necessary for you to live in the place you pick
as a home port. Friends of mine have an Alaskan home port and AFAIK
they've never even been there.

It probably is Deltaville though
dt dt is offline

Rosalie B. wrote:

"Hoges in WA" wrote:

Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most magnificent
thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down here
in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

It's not necessary for someone's home port in the US to be an actual
port. You can have your home port in Colorado or Wyoming if you
want. It's not even necessary for you to live in the place you pick
as a home port. Friends of mine have an Alaskan home port and AFAIK
they've never even been there.

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

DT

dt wrote:
What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

As far as the Coast Guard cares about, the HomePort+BoatName just has to
be unique. For Instance, they've probably got a thousand boats named
Destiny, but each one has a different home port.

We chose to register our boat with the home port of San Francisco, even
though we lived 70 miles north of there and the boat was moored in
Bodega Bay simply because as we traveled to various places around the
world, everyone would recognize San Francisco, but how many would have
heard of either Bodega Bay or Healdsburg, let alone know where they
might be?

- Dan Best

dt wrote in :

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

DT

The really BIG boats on the East Coast of the USA owned by the really RICH
Americans are all home-ported in the Cayman Islands.....to avoid the awful
taxes at home supporting bureaucrats throughout the world.

Lower life forms don't have this luxury....

Larry
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJmc...elated&search=

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:45:17 -0500, Larry wrote:

Lower life forms don't have this luxury....

Of course they do. Any good boat broker can refer you to an agent who
does offshore documentation. Typical cost is under $10K plus some
annual fees.

The biggest issue is keeping your cruising permits up to date and
making sure you follow the time limit rules of the various states you
visit. I believe there is also a requirement to leave the country
periodically.

Dan Best wrote:

dt wrote:

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

As far as the Coast Guard cares about, the HomePort+BoatName just has to
be unique. For Instance, they've probably got a thousand boats named
Destiny, but each one has a different home port.

We chose to register our boat with the home port of San Francisco, even
though we lived 70 miles north of there and the boat was moored in
Bodega Bay simply because as we traveled to various places around the
world, everyone would recognize San Francisco, but how many would have
heard of either Bodega Bay or Healdsburg, let alone know where they
might be?

- Dan Best

Bodega Bay? How could anybody *not* recognize Bodega Bay, after poor
Tippi Hedrin had all that trouble there? ;-)

And by the way, Dan, do you have any idea what these plants are?
http://snipurl.com/1azj2

thanks,

Dale