krj krj is offline

Default Something-ville Virginia??

dt wrote:
Dan Best wrote:

dt wrote:

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

As far as the Coast Guard cares about, the HomePort+BoatName just has
to be unique. For Instance, they've probably got a thousand boats
named Destiny, but each one has a different home port.

We chose to register our boat with the home port of San Francisco,
even though we lived 70 miles north of there and the boat was moored
in Bodega Bay simply because as we traveled to various places around
the world, everyone would recognize San Francisco, but how many would
have heard of either Bodega Bay or Healdsburg, let alone know where
they might be?

- Dan Best

Bodega Bay? How could anybody *not* recognize Bodega Bay, after poor
Tippi Hedrin had all that trouble there? ;-)

And by the way, Dan, do you have any idea what these plants are?
http://snipurl.com/1azj2

thanks,

Dale

Your comments are strictly for the birds

On 2007-02-22 11:45:17 -0500, Larry said:

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJmc...elated&search=

=====

What color is the sky on your planet?

*plonk*

"BF" wrote in news:78061$45ddd101$d066b4a0$26212
@FUSE.NET:

Wonder how many of those are stopped by the Venice water cop?

None. Would you stop someone with batteries of lawyers who makes major
campaign contributions to major political parties and give him a ticket for
waking? Not if you have even the slightest brain with even a minimal
survival instinct, eh?

As the boys at the pen say, "Money walks."

Yes, let's pull over that 130' Azimut full of political hacks and check his
fire extinguisher, guaranteeing our being fired for disturbing his
guests....lets.

Larry

Dave Anderer wrote in :

What color is the sky on your planet?

*plonk*

Afraid to think, Dave? They never shut down the whole complex before for
so long. The survivors only want to know a little TRUTH....and why.

Let's all bury our heads in the sand and take the "Party" line as gospel
until the goosesteppers come for our children. How stupid....

Larry

dt wrote:
Bodega Bay? How could anybody *not* recognize Bodega Bay, after poor
Tippi Hedrin had all that trouble there? ;-)

And by the way, Dan, do you have any idea what these plants are?
http://snipurl.com/1azj2

Dale,

I'm afraid to say that very few of the people in the places we visited
in the last 2 years ever saw the flick.

As far as the photo, I think the technical term for those plants is
"some kind of weird flower" (as you can probably guess, I'm
horticulturally challenged).

Dan Best wrote:

dt wrote:
Bodega Bay? How could anybody *not* recognize Bodega Bay, after poor
Tippi Hedrin had all that trouble there? ;-)

And by the way, Dan, do you have any idea what these plants are?
http://snipurl.com/1azj2

Dale,

I'm afraid to say that very few of the people in the places we visited
in the last 2 years ever saw the flick.

As far as the photo, I think the technical term for those plants is
"some kind of weird flower" (as you can probably guess, I'm
horticulturally challenged).

The name that comes to my mind is "red hot poker plant"

Member

On Feb 22, 12:45 pm, Larry wrote:
dt wrote :

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

DT

The really BIG boats on the East Coast of the USA owned by the really RICH
Americans are all home-ported in the Cayman Islands.....to avoid the awful
taxes at home supporting bureaucrats throughout the world.

Lower life forms don't have this luxury....

Larry
--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJmcvTzYfo&mode=related&search=

Not true on two counts.

One: They are by no means "all" registered in the Cayman Islands. In
fact Marshall Islands registry, to name just one, is becoming more and
more popular.

And two: Any body with a few thousand dollars can set up an offshore
corp..

Member

On Feb 22, 1:21 pm, "BF" wrote:
Wonder how many of those are stopped by the Venice water cop?

I was. :-)

Member

On Feb 22, 4:13 pm, Larry wrote:
"BF" wrote in news:78061$45ddd101$d066b4a0$26212
@FUSE.NET:

Wonder how many of those are stopped by the Venice water cop?

None. Would you stop someone with batteries of lawyers who makes major
campaign contributions to major political parties and give him a ticket for
waking? Not if you have even the slightest brain with even a minimal
survival instinct, eh?

As the boys at the pen say, "Money walks."

Yes, let's pull over that 130' Azimut full of political hacks and check his
fire extinguisher, guaranteeing our being fired for disturbing his
guests....lets.

Larry
--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJmcvTzYfo&mode=related&search=

Sorry, wrong again. I had a visit by the very FL officer in question
while running an 80 foot Cayman Islands registered boat while we were
stopped in Venice. And the boat was owned by not one but a family of
lawyers. Very nice folks from Texas by the way.

And document checks of large yachts on not uncommon. Especially in SE
Florida.

On 22 Feb 2007 19:31:51 -0800, "capt.bill11"
wrote:

On Feb 22, 1:21 pm, "BF" wrote:
Wonder how many of those are stopped by the Venice water cop?

I was. :-)

Here's a thought...

If you are properly documented in every respect and stopped by our
friend, why not call in USCG for clarification and assistance? He is
clearly out of his depth when dealing with out of state or
international documentation.