dt dt is offline

Default Something-ville Virginia??

Rosalie B. wrote:

"Hoges in WA" wrote:

Does anyone in here know of a town/city in Virginia ending in -ville like
Dallville or something like that. I don't think it is Danville because I
don't think that's on the ocean.

Reason is I saw a Cabo Rico 38 the other day that was the most magnificent
thing and it had "Brite Light Something-ville Virginia" on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a CR but it's the only one I've ever seen down here
in South West of Western Australia.

Just curious about its home port.

It's not necessary for someone's home port in the US to be an actual
port. You can have your home port in Colorado or Wyoming if you
want. It's not even necessary for you to live in the place you pick
as a home port. Friends of mine have an Alaskan home port and AFAIK
they've never even been there.

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

DT