Default Canada? Take off, eh?

Here is a map of customs locations:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...maps/bc-e.html

Tashis, Gold River Port Alberni are for commercial traffic. All three are
up long inlets.

Jack

"Jack Dale" wrote in message
The North Island's Canada Customs station operated out of Quatsino until
1974. The Customs House is now a private fishing lodge. It appears that
clearing customs on the West Side of the Island is difficult if not
impossible. Winter Harbour does not have a customs dock. The list posted
earlier will work, but it seems that you have to go to Victoria. A
circumnavigation of the Island is an great experience, if you want to give
it a try, I can give you some pointers. I did it twice last year. Three
are scheduled for this year.

Jack

Jack Dale
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor
CYA Advanced Cruising Instructor
Director, Swiftsure Sailing Academy
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, even here in Hawaii it's winter and while we are working hard on
chuffing the cruising kitty we are also dreaming about the next voyage.
Among the candidates is a passage leaving here Mayish and arriving
somewhere between Ketchikan and Seattle late May or early June. This
is an area of the world which I have no experience in and I'm
soliciting general advise. I'm particularly curious about the
specifics of entering Canada from the US on a US documented,
non-commercial boat with two US citizens. I presume that we could do
it the usual way and get a port clearance from here to a major customs
port in Canada. However, particularly in the Vancouver Island area it
seems like one would have to sail past a lot of good looking cruising
grounds to get to a customs port. A fellow cruiser told me that a
friend of his had been allowed to check in someplace around Quatsino
Sound (maybe Winter Hbr?)... Can this have been legal?

-- Tom.

On Jan 26, 6:35 pm, "Jack Dale" wrote:
clearing customs on the West Side of the Island is difficult if not
impossible. ... it seems that you have to go to Victoria.

That's too bad, but thanks very much for the info and the map in your
follow up post is just what I was looking for.

A circumnavigation of the Island is an great experience, if you want to give
it a try, I can give you some pointers. I did it twice last year. Three
are scheduled for this year. ....

I'd love to hear any advise you are willing to share. Timing,
navigation, guides, places to see, whatever. I'm starting from scratch
and am happy for any pointers. We're toying with the idea of Honolulu
- Ketchikan - Prince Rupert and down inside or, well, Honolulu -
Victoria and around Vancouver Island and then either home again or down
the coast...

Cheers,

-- Tom.

Corsair23 wrote:
Stay in the US , and you'll have NO problems. Come here, and you'll go
through more **** than you can handle on the way back home.
We dont need you here, in the land of supposed" Terrorist Training
Grounds".

Yeah you don't need us there because you can leach off us just fine from
where you are.

Stephen

".Yeah you don't need us there because you can leach off us just
fine from
where you are.

The above is yet one MORE example of American arrogance and ignorance.

Well, if your in the US, YOU guys leach all your natural resources off
US...get it right asswipe...YOU need US more than WE need YOU......

Im wrong, huh? Well if so, why did Bush ask Alberta to increase its
Oil production 5 times....to cover the fact that he has screwed up the
middle east sooooo bad....the oil aint getting out.Your President is a
stupid man, and will pull you ALL down the toilet unless you get rid
of him. HE has created so much anti-American hate, its staggering. If
you refuse to believe this...your heads further up your ass than I
thought.

Corsair23 wrote:
".Yeah you don't need us there because you can leach off us just
fine from
where you are.

The above is yet one MORE example of American arrogance and ignorance.

Well, if your in the US, YOU guys leach all your natural resources off
US...get it right asswipe...YOU need US more than WE need YOU......

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance
and ignorance. Ignore this troll.

Don W.

"Don W" wrote in message
. ..

Corsair23 wrote:
".Yeah you don't need us there because you can leach off us just fine
from
where you are.

The above is yet one MORE example of American arrogance and ignorance.

Well, if your in the US, YOU guys leach all your natural resources off
US...get it right asswipe...YOU need US more than WE need YOU......

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance and ignorance. Ignore
this troll.

Don W.

Nah, we need Canook Oil, they need Yankee Medicine. And it's probably only a
matter of time before the Shrub invades Canada in the name of the "War on
Terror (sic)."

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance
and ignorance.

And the drivel above was from a US citisen that cant think for
himself, and has to copy someone elses' line...must be a retired CEO,
or Politician with a "padded ass".
He knows I'm correct, but cant get his head out of his ASS long enough
to realize it.

On Jan 29, 11:23 am, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
"Don W" wrote in gy.net...

Corsair23 wrote:
".Yeah you don't need us there because you can leach off us just fine
from
where you are.

The above is yet one MORE example of American arrogance and ignorance.

Well, if your in the US, YOU guys leach all your natural resources off
US...get it right asswipe...YOU need US more than WE need YOU......

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance and ignorance. Ignore
this troll.

Don W.Nah, we need Canook Oil, they need Yankee Medicine. And it's probably only a

matter of time before the Shrub invades Canada in the name of the "War on
Terror (sic)."- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:19:01 +0000, Don W wrote:

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance and ignorance. Ignore
this troll.

Why is his post any more deserving of being ignored than the moron he
responded to? His anger was showing but his points are valid.

mr.b wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:19:01 +0000, Don W wrote:

The above is a fine example of Canook arrogance and ignorance. Ignore
this troll.

Why is his post any more deserving of being ignored than the moron he
responded to? His anger was showing but his points are valid.

Both posters are off-topic for a cruising
newsgroup, and both are non-responsive to the
original poster's request for info on entering
Canada from the Pacific.

Corsair23's posts on the other hand are intended
to create a net argument. That's why he is a
troll and should be ignored. Check the content of
his last three posts and you will see what I mean.

I've already plonked him.

Don W.

Canada's health care crisis Scott Weiser General 663 December 31st 10 01:32 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 March 20th 06 05:33 AM
Which cities have ocean access? Aimee Shimlis Cruising 15 November 21st 05 10:37 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Oh Canada! Bob Crantz ASA 0 July 17th 04 03:32 PM