Ernie

Default 4 Stroke 90HP Merc Engine - Changing Spark Plugs

Looking for advise on how to remove spark plugs for gapping, squirting oil
and replace for winter storage. Access is not very user friendly. Thanks

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Ernie" wrote:

Looking for advise on how to remove spark plugs for gapping, squirting oil
and replace for winter storage. Access is not very user friendly. Thanks

Just proves my "Old Addage" "Design Engineers need 5 years expeirence
as a Field Tech, before they ever get to design anything." Go to your
local "Merc Dealership and buy the "Special Tool" that they sell to
remove your plugs.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Ernie

Bruce in Alaska wrote:
In article ,
"Ernie" wrote:

Looking for advise on how to remove spark plugs for gapping,
squirting oil and replace for winter storage. Access is not very
user friendly. Thanks

Just proves my "Old Addage" "Design Engineers need 5 years expeirence
as a Field Tech, before they ever get to design anything." Go to
your local "Merc Dealership and buy the "Special Tool" that they sell
remove your plugs.

Bruce in alaska

Thanks for responding Bruce. I guess I did not make myself clear. Removing
the cover that covers all four spark plug is the big problem. How does one
accomplishes this without removing the bottom casing?

Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB Clams Canino General 78 February 19th 04 10:56 PM
Merc Spark Plugs Removal Ernie General 0 November 6th 03 02:12 PM
Engine News from Genmar Gould 0738 General 8 October 27th 03 04:47 PM
Changing Spark Plugs Mercury 4 Stroke Engine Ernie General 0 October 7th 03 04:01 AM
Winterizing a Honda outboard 4 stroke (90HP) Messing In Boats General 2 September 13th 03 04:42 AM