Peggie Hall

Default Holding Tank Problem

Joe Wood wrote:
I missed you too on Monday.

Well, rats. Unfortunately, until I can be cloned, there's no way to be
in more than one place at the same time...and one of the reasons I go to
shows is to gain first-hand, hands-on knowledge of how the builders are
plumbing their boats. Equally unfortunately, it appears that, for most
of 'em, the sanitation system continues to be just something that's not
part of the boat design, but just a required nuisance they shoe-horn
into any location it'll fit, and in the least expensive way possible (a
single 30 gallon holding tank on a 40' boat with two toilets, one of
which requires a head discharge hose run of 22'? Ye gods!).

Anyhow, I guess we'll just have to try to connect again next year.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes Peggie Hall wrote:

Joe Wood wrote:
I missed you too on Monday.

Well, rats. Unfortunately, until I can be cloned, there's no way to be
in more than one place at the same time...and one of the reasons I go to
shows is to gain first-hand, hands-on knowledge of how the builders are
plumbing their boats. Equally unfortunately, it appears that, for most
of 'em, the sanitation system continues to be just something that's not
part of the boat design, but just a required nuisance they shoe-horn
into any location it'll fit, and in the least expensive way possible (a
single 30 gallon holding tank on a 40' boat with two toilets, one of
which requires a head discharge hose run of 22'? Ye gods!).

Well we've replaced one of our holding tanks (we have two toilets).
Both of them were 12 gallon jobs (we thought ten, but after Bob took
the old one out, he measured). We've put in a 20+ one in the aft head
because we expected to be in a place where the LectraSan would not be
legal. The old holding tanks would last us barely 3 days. (Bob used
the forward head and I used the aft head.)

They did have two pumpouts so they weren't on a single hose. But the
fitting wasn't so good (didn't fit a lot of hoses) so Bob's replaced
those too.

Anyhow, I guess we'll just have to try to connect again next year.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

grandma Rosalie

Holding tank cleaning cwest General 6 June 10th 04 08:34 PM
Holding Tank Location Bruce Richards General 12 December 8th 03 10:43 PM
holding tank plumbing John Knox Boat Building 1 October 20th 03 06:23 PM
Holding tank cradlle Marc Boat Building 3 October 6th 03 07:47 AM
Place in Vancouver to plumb my holding tank? Lloyd Sumpter General 7 August 22nd 03 08:26 AM