Default Sail Maine , Navigation Pictures, CD, Question

Duh? Am I missing something. I posted looking for a computer cd that
contained photo's of ports along the coast of Maine.
There is a book with this info. And my Maptech charts have it but only for
the very expensive and overpiced full version.

That somehow equals = "can't even tie their shoelaces without the help of a
sailing/internet nanny."

Next time .. resist.

Great modesty often hides great merit.
Ben Franklin

wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, you made my point: most armchair
snipers can't even tie their shoelaces
without the help of a sailing/internet nanny.

I just couldn't resist driving it home.

NE Sailboat wrote:
And your point is?

======================

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ho Ho HO!

Is this the "NE Sailboat" who knows all about sailing the
cape, and how Barnes was oh so inadequately prepared
and not up to the task?

A "NE Sailboat" needing aerial color images to navigate
the nicely lit, well marked local harbors, being to cheap
to buy a map, and not even able to download the free
ones from the internet? Sure sounds able and well
prepared.

If this is the same "NE Sailboat": What a looser.

If not, I apologize to you, Sir. I must have been
confusing you with another guy posting under
your pseudonym, "NE Sailboat", then.

NE Sailboat wrote:
Can I do that? What do I do? Go to Google Earth ,, find a harbor
picture
and then save on the computer?

I've never done this before..

"Ed" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why don't you download images from google earth, and save them to a
CD
or print them in a book?

Ed

Now he's playing dumb, that's almost cute.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, you made my point: most armchair
snipers can't even tie their shoelaces
without the help of a sailing/internet nanny.

I just couldn't resist driving it home.

NE Sailboat wrote:
And your point is?

======================

"Ed" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why don't you download images from google earth, and save them to a
CD
or print them in a book?

Ed

I realise this isn't what you are looking for but it is an interesting
resource just the same. Aerial photography, in fact multiple shots and
views, of most harbours, many land marks and navaids throughout North
America and the world. They make you pay for copies but at least you
can view them online for free:

http://marinas.com/

"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia" wrote in
message oups.com...
I realise this isn't what you are looking for but it is an interesting
resource just the same. Aerial photography, in fact multiple shots and
views, of most harbours, many land marks and navaids throughout North
America and the world. They make you pay for copies but at least you
can view them online for free:

http://marinas.com/

thanks Ken...nice picture of the St. Peter's Canal bridge.

Hey Ken,,, that site is real good. It is what I am looking for except I
want to just have the photos on a laptop computer.

The good thing about the ariel photos is that I can cross reference. Take a
look at the chart, cross reference the photo.

It give me another look.

For example: say you are entering an area to anchor. You look on the
chart, seems like a few areas would be perfect. Then, look on the photo.
Since the photo is probably taken in the middle of summer on a beautiful
day, you will see boats at anchor. Kinda tells you what area is best for
anchoring in by where the boats are.

Just another tool.

I'm sure there is a cd out there somewhere that has the photos. The book
that is for sale with the Maine ports is very nice, and I would buy it if it
came with the cd as well. My guess, the author is affraid people will
download the photos and send them off for free.

I think a book, with photos, with cd, with local knowledge ... is a great
resource .

==========
"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia" wrote in
message oups.com...
I realise this isn't what you are looking for but it is an interesting
resource just the same. Aerial photography, in fact multiple shots and
views, of most harbours, many land marks and navaids throughout North
America and the world. They make you pay for copies but at least you
can view them online for free:

http://marinas.com/

Navigation Software and GPS multi=links Mic Cruising 0 September 1st 05 05:32 PM
Advice on Sails irgolfer General 9 April 4th 05 05:46 PM
Perfect cruising bermuda dinghy Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 12 November 6th 04 09:04 PM
Pictures of "Cut the Mustard" under sail Donal ASA 85 June 26th 03 12:01 PM
Pictures of "Cut the Mustard" under sail Scott Vernon ASA 6 June 25th 03 12:33 AM