Default Should it ever occur...

KLC Lewis wrote:

"krj" wrote in message
. ..

Just don't tell anyone that you are leaving or where you are going then
you won't be missed and no one will come looking.

That would certainly do it, and would give me the ultimate sense of freedom.
Americans, for the most part, don't want to be free. They want to be safe,
while being *told* that they're free.

Karin

It didn't used to be that way.

But I can't argue with you about that now.

Sad, but too true.

Richard

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:21:09 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"krj" wrote in message

Just don't tell anyone that you are leaving or where you are going then
you won't be missed and no one will come looking.

That would certainly do it, and would give me the ultimate sense of freedom.
Americans, for the most part, don't want to be free. They want to be safe,
while being *told* that they're free.

Karin

Some Americans still want to be free. We call them "Outlaw Bikers"
unfortunatly.
Mark E. Williams

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:05:07 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

that I am able to set-off on my circumnavigation, let it be known by all
that I am fully aware of the inherent dangers of such a voyage and have
chosen to set sail with those dangers in mind. And should the Sea claim me
during that voyage, I have one and only one thing to say to armchair
skippers casting aspersions upon my good name and character:

Bite me. My boat, my life, my decision.

I agree with Karin.

I singlehanded from Spain to Trinidad earlier this year and am
returning to Trinidad from Sydney, Australia next month to complete my
circumnavigation back to New Zealand and Oz - solo, as my wife and son
returned to Sydney 2 years ago for his high schooling. I take the risk
and also the responsibility. It's freedom.

I actually am saving taxpayer dollars as my normal job is as a
technical project manager for telcos such as Vodafone. In 7 months of
working I have put on several kilos. If I stayed longer I would become
grossly overweight with the great lunches one has with one's
colleagues. The end result would be a heart attack and possibly an
expensive bypass operation as one of my younger friends has recently
experienced.

Thus, my returning to ocean cruising and solo sailing is actually
saving the taxpayer a lot of money as medical and hospital care and
expences are free here in the Antipodes. I am being more responsible
than my land-locked professional colleagues.

Further, I would far rather have my taxes spent on rescuing someone
who is pursuing their dream and providing a little inspiration to
others than spending it buying a small part of a bomb to obliviate
someone who has yet to understand that my system of government is the
only desirable one.

I have a Singaporean friend, Kho Swee Chiow whose occupation, funded
by business sponsorships is "Adventurer, Motivational Speaker"
He has, among other achievements, scaled Everest, the 7 Summits,
Shishhapangma and been to both poles.

His website is www.daretodream.com.sg He does what he does with the
sure knowledge that rescue would be virtually unavailable.

Good on you Karin, the world needs more less responsible people.

Peter
N.Z. yacht Herodotus

Tides Revisited Bart Senior ASA 26 January 21st 06 11:58 PM
Mr Long.. read this one rhys Cruising 2 January 2nd 05 09:18 PM
Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM