Default Interesting Lead Acid Battery facts

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

Rolls
fits the bill to a "T." YMMV.

It's your money....(c;

--
http://www.epic.org/privacy/rfid/verichip.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip

Larry wrote:
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

Rolls
fits the bill to a "T." YMMV.

It's your money....(c;

.... or at least it used to be.

Larry wrote:
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

There's much more to
battery construction than just chemistry.

I'll bite......Name them. Besides Lead and water and sulfuric acid,
there's plastic and rubber. What did I miss??

Along the lines of this thread, I agree that there don't seem to be many
advantages in favor of sealed over conventional batteries. Well, no
advantages except for some sealed batteries that offer the ability to be
mounted at angles that would create spills from conventional batteries.

That said, there are significant variations in battery construction that
make a difference in performance and life expectancy.

First is the thickness of the lead plates. Thicker plates last longer
than thinner plates. Thicker plates are less prone to breakage or
breakdown.

The more plates (and subsequent increase in surface area) change a
battery's total capacity, charge rate and momentary capacity.

Solid plates are better than composite plates.

The battery case construction makes a difference in its ability to
sustain prolonged charges, heat and corrosion.

Internal connections make a difference in their ability to resist
corrosion inside the battery.

Post / terminal construction makes a difference just to keep the battery
usable.

A size 27 case can hold a lot of different variations of battery
configurations and construction features.

FYI, I've used conventional deep discharge Interstate Batteries for
years (NOT the sealed variety) with outstanding results. No complaints.
From my persoanl use perspectives, I have not need for sealed
batteries and no desire for their limitations.

Battery charger question Roger Long Cruising 8 December 11th 06 07:07 PM
Vector Battery Charger Eisboch General 15 June 29th 06 03:42 AM
Battery drain Christine General 19 June 26th 06 12:52 PM
galvanic corrosion Jean Electronics 2 October 8th 03 01:58 PM