MLapla4120

Default Hey, how would you like to have a boat in the Carolinas about now?

Just wondering how some East Coast boaters are coping. But they probably
don't have time to comment. Glad I'm not there.

Mark
Glenn Ashmore

It does not look good for Pamlico Sound. I sold 3 S140s up there Monday
and loaned out two S200 and two spools of 3/4 line. The marina
operators I have talked to are taking it in stride but the boat owners
are sweating bullets.

The storm swell is going to hit at high tide and because it is moving so
slow the wind is going to shift West on the next high tide so the banks
are going to get the worst twice from both directions.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Phil

Its predicted to go right over us in Havelock NC. My boat has been hauled.

"MLapla4120" wrote in message
Just wondering how some East Coast boaters are coping. But they probably
don't have time to comment. Glad I'm not there.

Mark

Larry W4CSC

If we hadn't taken some of the boat apart, today, and the graphics
artist hadn't shown up to put the beautiful Amel logo trailing 3
stripes down the entire hull to a fancy entwined ending and Old
English name on the stern.....we would have gone cruising around
Charleston Harbor under sail. It was PERFECT! I got sunburned
watching the artist do his magic, regretting not begin able to dip the
new mainsail into the 12-18 knot breeze which would have been a lot of
fun on a weekday with no weekenders in the way.

The edge of the hurricane rolled over Charleston just before dark,
coating the sky with a solid overcast band curved towards the eye way
out to sea. Tomorrow's forecast says only 20% chance of showers,
which really surprised me. Low 64, High 83 partly cloudy. I figured
it was gonna rain a few inches like Floyd did to us. Winds 15-25
varying around as the eye passes offshore.

Best of luck to those less fortunate in NC and VA.....

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?
RichH

Got my first shower of the season.... just got naked on deck, lathered
up, automatic rinse as I turned slowly .... and a blow dry (dont go
there).

MLapla4120 wrote:
Just wondering how some East Coast boaters are coping. But they probably
don't have time to comment. Glad I'm not there.

Mark

Vito

MLapla4120 wrote:

Just wondering how some East Coast boaters are coping. ... Glad I'm not there.

It's a mixed bag here in Virginia. We're moored at the Chesapeake Yacht
Center on Broad Creek near Deltaville. The piers where most sailboats
moore (including ours), and one covered pier were essentially untouched
but a few yards away the covered pier adjacent to land was literally
blown away. With boats on pilings and each other we feared the worst but
only one boat was lost - a sailboat on the hard that was hit by the roof
of the pier. OTOH Deltaville was still without power Sunday and we were
told that one life was lost, the poor folks on the south side of the
neck here hit much worse, and that The Happy Clam seafood resturant on
the Potomac north of Colonial Beach had been washed away.

I can only hope the good people in No Carolina fared better.

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM