Bob Schneider

Default Cell Phones on the Chesapeake

Verizon is also good down to Norfolk.

"DaveH" wrote in message
Verizon has the best coverage in Southern MD.

"G. Richard Stidger" wrote in message
I can't speak for the middle or lower bay, but up by Havre de Grace
and Aberdeen Proving Ground, my Sprint-based Virgin Mobile phone
dropped calls almost as fast as I could make them.

According to Virgin Mobile, it was the proximity to a military base
and the signals that they tranmit that interfere with the phone.

As I moved away from that general area, the phone service returned to
normal.

Rich

wrote:

Anyone have any expierence using Sprint PCS Cell phones on their boats
in the middle and lower Chesapeake Bay area ? Good locations, bad
locations etc ?

Thanks

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

"Bob Schneider" wrote:

Verizon is also good down to Norfolk.

I have both a Verizon and an AT&T phone. The Verizon phone is an
analog bag phone with an external antenna on the aft rail (which
doubles as a flag pole.. It works great almost everywhere. I've used
it from the Chesapeake down to the Marquesas south of Key West.

If the AT&T phone has no signal, I use the Verizon phone. That is
normal little digital phone and sometimes has a problem, especially
inside the cabin.

At my BIL's house (Pinehurst off Bodkin Creek) none of the cell phones
work or at least they didn't when we were there last which was a
couple of years ago.

wrote:

Anyone have any expierence using Sprint PCS Cell phones on their boats
in the middle and lower Chesapeake Bay area ? Good locations, bad
locations etc ?

Thanks

grandma Rosalie
IamAeolus

Couply of years ago when I was shopping for cell phones, the Sprint guy told me
that coverage of the Bay would be "spotty" since tower repeater locations where
along the main highways. I then bought a Bell Atlantic phone and plan, which
later became Verizon. This phone and system has worked flawlessly anywhere I
have been on the Chesapeake.

Glorious day on the Chesapeake Bay! Harry Krause General 0 July 8th 04 09:03 PM
Battery Meter Ernie General 79 May 25th 04 12:36 AM
Chesapeake Light IBNFSHN General 1 May 15th 04 01:00 PM
north chesapeake cruising? SrScubalot General 7 October 9th 03 11:26 PM