Rosalie B.

Default Cell Phones on the Chesapeake

x-no-archive:yes

"Bob Schneider" wrote:

Verizon is also good down to Norfolk.

I have both a Verizon and an AT&T phone. The Verizon phone is an
analog bag phone with an external antenna on the aft rail (which
doubles as a flag pole.. It works great almost everywhere. I've used
it from the Chesapeake down to the Marquesas south of Key West.

If the AT&T phone has no signal, I use the Verizon phone. That is
normal little digital phone and sometimes has a problem, especially
inside the cabin.

At my BIL's house (Pinehurst off Bodkin Creek) none of the cell phones
work or at least they didn't when we were there last which was a
couple of years ago.

"DaveH" wrote in message
Verizon has the best coverage in Southern MD.

"G. Richard Stidger" wrote in message
I can't speak for the middle or lower bay, but up by Havre de Grace
and Aberdeen Proving Ground, my Sprint-based Virgin Mobile phone
dropped calls almost as fast as I could make them.

According to Virgin Mobile, it was the proximity to a military base
and the signals that they tranmit that interfere with the phone.

As I moved away from that general area, the phone service returned to
normal.

Rich

wrote:

Anyone have any expierence using Sprint PCS Cell phones on their boats
in the middle and lower Chesapeake Bay area ? Good locations, bad
locations etc ?

Thanks

grandma Rosalie