Larry W4CSC

Default Isn't battery replacement behind the engine fun?!

Been replacing the redneck Walmart trolling motor batteries with 350AH
6V golf cart monsters in '85 Amel Sharpi's engine room under the
center cockpit all day. A new mounting bracket for the one battery
that didn't fit will be made tomorrow at the welding shop.....

700 AH at 12V oughta run the electronic gadgets for a while, what with
the shaft alternator, wind bugger and solar panels charging it....(c;

We're slowly getting all the new gadgets installed and hooked up, now.
I had a moment so pulled in the wire to the big deck hailer to the
Icom M602 VHF beast during lunch. Everyone got a big laugh when I
tested it with:

"ATTENTION KMART SHOPPERS! WE'RE HAVING A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL ON 'E'
DOCK. ALL SLOOPS ARE 10% OFF UNTIL 2PM! LOOK FOR THE BLUE LIGHT!"

Sounded LOUD bouncing off the bridge over at the City Marina next
door....(c;

Larry W4CSC/MM
Her Majesty's S/V "Lionheart"
Charleston

Listen for the drunks singing on the big speaker under the radar
dome.....(c;

I'm gonna wake 'em all up with the new FOG HORN!

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?
Bruce Woodburn

Check your figures.

350AmpHrs@6v X 2 = 350AmpHrs@12v...... not 700AmpHrs@12v.

Unless you put 4 of the monsters in series/parallel.

Bruce

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
[...]

Larry W4CSC

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:13:15 -0700, "Bruce Woodburn"
wrote:

Check your figures.

350AmpHrs@6v X 2 = 350AmpHrs@12v...... not 700AmpHrs@12v.

Unless you put 4 of the monsters in series/parallel.

We have 4 monsters in series/parallel....700 AH. Need your shaft
welded?....(c;

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?

Dave Erickson

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message
One of those 6V's must be the size of a 8D? How do you handle the weight?

That's easy. Paint the water line another inch higher.

Dave

wrote:

Check your figures.

350AmpHrs@6v X 2 = 350AmpHrs@12v...... not 700AmpHrs@12v.

Unless you put 4 of the monsters in series/parallel.

We have 4 monsters in series/parallel....700 AH. Need your shaft
welded?....(c;

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:21:56 GMT, "Dave Erickson"
wrote:

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message
One of those 6V's must be the size of a 8D? How do you handle the weight?

That's easy. Paint the water line another inch higher.

Dave

We did that to the old boat, an Endeavour 35 sloop....(c;

She had plenty of "tool ballast" in all her lockers. Geoff carries
everything. When he offloaded it all to sell the boat, the waterline
rose about 5" out of the harbor....(c;