Default Used Sails,, Best Place to Buy.. question

Russ Barron wrote:

I have had good experience with Bacon
http://www.baconsails.com/

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:30:17 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

Looking for cruising spinnaker, gennaker, drifter, or such... since I sail
very short handed :::: check my post under single handed sailing..

Anyhow,,, where is a good starting off place to find a useable second hand
cruising spinnaker?

Or any used sails?

We've used Bacon too and have been happy with them..

Capt Rob fancies himself as an entrepreneur middleman - no middleman,
no profit. It's a New York thing.

Beware of people who are critical of things they know nothing about.
Wayne's response is exactly why I won't post the name of the loft.
Now, for the fellow who said he had a Capri 18....

Capri 18 Tri-radial main with full or partial battens, two reefs and
leech lines. Using contender cloths:

Dacron = 480.00
Kevlar = 700.00

Now what does Airforce sails, an online seller want for just a
run-of-the-mill crosscut sail? Try 600 dollars! And if you go to UK or
North you'll pay even more and that's with their seasonal discounts.
I'm no middle man and I don't make a profit from these. I simply have a
friend who's been running a loft for quite a few years. E-mail me for
the name of the loft. Why does it matter if it's posted here or not?
It's your money.

Good luck,

Robert
35s5
NY

On 30 Oct 2006 20:04:37 -0800, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Capt Rob fancies himself as an entrepreneur middleman - no middleman,
no profit. It's a New York thing.

Beware of people who are critical of things they know nothing about.
Wayne's response is exactly why I won't post the name of the loft.
Now, for the fellow who said he had a Capri 18....

Let me call your bluff on this one. Why not post the contact
information for "your friend the sailmaker" on rec.boats.marketplace
where commercial posts are acceptable?

You've certainly made enough posts there for your own merchandise.

Let me call your bluff on this one. Why not post the contact
information for "your friend the sailmaker" on rec.boats.marketplace
where commercial posts are acceptable?

Bluff??? I didn't even think of posting there because it's generally
very inactive for this sort of thing. Oh well....I posted the same info
AND the loft name there, Wayne. Rather than be negative, why not
contact me and see what I can do for you or just get the details? The
loft hooked me up and I told them I'd plug them, which has gone well.
But I'm doing it as legally as possible. Mention me and the "ad" and
get better pricing. What do I get out of it? Well, maybe some better
pricing on my new chute for next spring.

Cheers,

Robert
35s5 Heart of Gold
City Island, NY

Caveat Lector! Well, both.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
Caveat Emptor !

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Caveat Lector! Well, both.

Hannibal's brother?

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

Well, I gotta say that's the best price I've seen anywhere.

My sails are the origonal equipment (20 years old!) and while still
servicible, well....

Thanks.

Richard

Okay....four folks asked for quotes. Two had blocked addresses. One I
think got through after I signed in. Dan, yours doesn't work at all
when I reply. Any ideas?

RB
35s5
NY

Default SLANDER

Dave, I hope you can produce proof of what you write:

1) That the message you posted actually exists.
2) That more than one message exists.
3) Somerset's Kevlar is ONLY available in triradial so it seems
unlikely that your message is real.

Your ISP has been alerted about this, thought not by me. You're
attempting to hurt people who having nothing to do with ASA, do you
realize this?

Robert
35s5
NY