z1r1200cc

Default New Trailer Question ?

I have to purchase a new trailer, I have a Shorland 'r now and it is painted
and I used it in sal****er and it is now finished.
I am looking at the same model galvanized.
I have also been looking at aluminum also, by FloatOn and other companies.

What are the pros and cons of aluminum, the boat looks like it would sit
higher on the aluminum trailers, any suggestions and or experience?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Florida Keyz

I find the aluminium frames are great, BUT, the axels, wheels, springs, and
hasp goes to heck real quick in salt water
Frank Taylor, Jr.

I have an aluminum trailer and it is great. It does not corrode and it is
actually lighter which is a little easier on your tow vehicle. Also keep in
mind that the galvinization can wear off of a galvinized trailer.

Like the previous poster said though, you still have to worry about the
axles and brakes with an aluminum trailer. A quick rinse with fresh water
after launching and retrieval of your boat will help keep it in goo
condition. If you get a trailer that has fresh water lines for tinsing the
brakes, it makes it even easier to keep the brakes from rusting.