cikalo

Default Barnaget Bay - Sailing

We are thinking of putting our 36' sailboat down in
Barnegat/Manahawkin area from the Peconic Bay in LI. I have a couple
of questions to any sailboat owners in the area:

1) What is the the sailing like?
2) With a 5 foot draft, any depth issues?
3) Is it overcrowded with motor boaters?
4) How is ocean access?

Thanks for all the info.
Armond Perretta

cikalo wrote:
We are thinking of putting our 36' sailboat down in
Barnegat/Manahawkin area from the Peconic Bay in LI. I have a couple
of questions to any sailboat owners in the area:

1) What is the the sailing like?

Fine.

2) With a 5 foot draft, any depth issues?

Yes.

3) Is it overcrowded with motor boaters?

What do you consider "overcrowded"?

4) How is ocean access?

Round-about.

--