Default Bennett trim tabs

I have Bennett trim tabs on my boat, fitted with trimindicators.

The port indicator has ceased to indicate showing full down at all times,
this happened suddenly with no apparent warning. One day in the Seine it
worked and the next in the Bay de Seine it did not.

I have read the advice on the Bennett site and determined that the sensor
appears to be at fault, that is the two red wires appear to be open circuit.
Plugging the starboard sensor into the port socket confirms that the
indicator circuitry works OK.

I cannot easily get to the tabs whilst the boat is in the water. How does
the indicator sensor work? Can low hydraulic fluid level affect the
operation? How does the sensor wire get into the hydraulic ram?(plug and
socket?)

The tabs appear to work OK.

Alec

Bennett trim tabs Alec Electronics 5 September 18th 06 07:22 PM
Trim tabs size question Big Daddy General 35 November 24th 04 04:51 PM
Trim tabs Larry General 5 October 29th 03 01:55 AM
trim tabs werlax General 12 September 13th 03 03:11 AM
Bennett Trim Tabs Customer Service F330 GT General 5 August 2nd 03 02:39 AM