djmarchand

Default New site for Free Dockage

Jim:

What a great idea. Thanks for setting up the site and being the first to
offer dockage space. I wish I had some to reciprocate.

David

Jere Lull

J&J wrote:

We just returned from our annual trek to Ocracoke Island from Norfolk.We
paid a lot of $$$ for dockage along the way. For several years, in the back
of my mind I have had an idea to start a free website for cruisers where we
could find and exchange dock space for cruisers.
The idea is for cruisers to post places they know of that are either free or
almost free to dock, moor, or even some private anchorages that may be
desirable. Also, if you own dock space and are willing to exchage free
dockage with others, post it on the site. Please help get the word out by
posting the URL of the site anywhere you think it would do some good. This
is totally free, and purely a service for our cruising bretheren.
I have posted info on my dock here in Norfolk on the ICW, along with lots of
pictures.
Your comments are much appreciated. Here's the site:
http://groups.msn.com/TheFreeDockageExchangeforCruisers

Cap'n Jim
Norfolk, VA

When we went past Norfolk to Beaufort, NC, we found very little reason
to use marinas and only docked a couple of nights at Elizabeth City and
Oriental -- free docks. On the way back north, we paid for Coinjock, I
think the only time in 23 days. There are SO many nice free anchorages
on the charts that even newbies like us found them easily.

--
Jere Lull

J&J

Thanks Jere,
please feel free to post the details on the site. We are trying to get it
off the ground, and so far have been happy with the results! I have added a
new list to the site "Free places to dock by location"
http://groups.msn.com/TheFreeDockageExchangeforCruisers

Jim