Default recomendations for night vision binoculars?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:03:40 GMT, ray lunder wrote:

Do any of these things work yet at the lower end of the price scale?
I'm looking at the Night Owl Optics Fixed Focus model binoculars. $379
at Costco. Also, the Famous Trails night vision monocular, $169.
Does anyone find these helpful for sailing at night. Thanks.

===============

I have one of the low end devices and find that I can see considerably
better at a distance with a good pair of 7x50 binoculars. The only
exception is really close in viewing ( 100 ft) where you can use the
IR illuminator to good advantage. You need to spend the big bucks if
you want truly effective night vision equipment.

Binoculars ,, what brand, make, model, recommendation ??? Lester Evans Cruising 26 June 16th 06 10:40 PM
Image Stabilizing Binoculars AMPowers Cruising 1 June 9th 06 12:07 PM
Nikon Ocean Pro binoculars with compass [email protected] Cruising 0 January 14th 05 01:23 AM
GPS andNight Vision Steve Electronics 1 March 3rd 04 08:34 PM
waterproof binoculars Te Canaille Touring 5 August 12th 03 12:32 PM