Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default recomendations for night vision binoculars?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:03:40 GMT, ray lunder wrote:

Do any of these things work yet at the lower end of the price scale?
I'm looking at the Night Owl Optics Fixed Focus model binoculars. $379
at Costco. Also, the Famous Trails night vision monocular, $169.
Does anyone find these helpful for sailing at night. Thanks.

I have one of the low end devices and find that I can see considerably
better at a distance with a good pair of 7x50 binoculars. The only
exception is really close in viewing ( 100 ft) where you can use the
IR illuminator to good advantage. You need to spend the big bucks if
you want truly effective night vision equipment.