Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Nikon Ocean Pro binoculars with compass

I've had a pair of Tasco compass binoculars forever. They have been
great but a little down at heel. I bought the Nikon binoculars
thinking that I was trading up. I found the compass part useless
since being in any kind of seaway it bounced and spun over 90 degrees.
Nikon replaced them but the next pair seemed to behave exactly the
same. Nikon says they have never had a complaint with the compass
part. I feel like I've been hit by lightening twice. Anybody have
any thoughts or experience on this? Apparently I can keep sending
them for service for the next 25 years. Not sure how much comfort that
will be.

Hans Paabor
Rocinante 1
Toronto