Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

"Gerald" whined
What is it that you disagree with? Do you know the

rules???

Somewhat.

Sail boats DO NOT have right of way over anything.

There is no ''RoW.

Do you think a sailboat
is other than the giveway vessle when overtaking a

powerboat (maybe just
ideling along)?

Did I say that?

Try actually reading the rules and you will see that there
are many other situations where sailboats must giveway to

power vessels.

No ****, genious!

FWIW -- I have over 50 years of sail experience and 10

years of power
experience. I have held 100ton ofshore masters license for

10 years.

And you still whine about RoW rules?

I have no need to know the rules.

Typical powerboater.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

"Wayne.B" whined

I have no need to know the rules.

Pay no attention to Scotty. He seems to have OD'd on knee

jerk
reactions.

Nope, just an opinion after several decades of sailing, and
putting up with idiot stinkpotters.

SBV

"Lars Kristensen" wrote i

If the powerboats kept well clear of the sailboat there

wouldn't be any
issue here, right? ;-)

But it's so hard to turn that wheel ( according to Wayne).

SBV

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Wayne.B" whined

I have no need to know the rules.

Pay no attention to Scotty. He seems to have OD'd on knee

jerk
reactions.

Nope, just an opinion after several decades of sailing, and
putting up with idiot stinkpotters.

SBV

I am sure that many "stinkpotters" with similar experiences would come to
the same conclusions about sailors. I know and encounter many competent
skippers of sail and power vessels. Like you, I also encounter many
skippers who seem to have a different understanding of how the world works.
There are --- unquestionably --- many stinkpotters out there who are fairly
clueless. There is also an equivalent number of sailor with similar boating
aptitude. Knowing how to sail does not, in itself, confer any Nav Rule
knowledge, common sense or courtesy. It is human nature for us to focus on
and remember those who "rock our boat" and not on those who do not..

One of my favorite "arghhh" situations is when there is a small / medium
size sportfish trying to get past a line of sail / full displacement power
(I was a full displacement trawler(er) and operated at speeds similar to
sailboats). The "not so understanding" slowboat skippers ask the sportfish
to give them a slow pass and then do not slow down themselves. Obviously,
the sportfish needs to pass at a few knots faster than the sailboat if the
pass is ever going to complete. This frequently puts them in the speed zone
where they are generating their maximum wake. If I am the only boat being
passed, I would always request that they keep it up on a plane --- I get
much less wake --- they get to keep moving --- life is good.

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Gerald" whined
What is it that you disagree with? Do you know the

rules???

Somewhat.

I guess 'somewhat' is better than "what rules?". It would be useful for me
to know which rules you do an which ones you don't know so I know how to
deal with you on the waterways. I kind of thought "know the rules?" was
more of a YES / NO kind of question.

Sail boats DO NOT have right of way over anything.

There is no ''RoW.

Actually there is a Right of Way provision in the rules. This must be one
of the rules you don't know.

Do you think a sailboat
is other than the giveway vessle when overtaking a

powerboat (maybe just
ideling along)?

Did I say that?

No. Just testing to see if you were aware of one of the many situations
where sailors (who don't actually KNOW the rules) may not be aware that they
are the give way vessel. This is most commonly misunderstood rules on the
part of many snowbird sailors traveling the ICW.

Not a genious. I just KNOW the rules ---- not just 'somewhat' know them ---
whatever the **** that means.

FWIW -- I have over 50 years of sail experience and 10

years of power
experience. I have held 100ton ofshore masters license for

10 years.

And you still whine about RoW rules?

I never while about the rules. I know the rules.

I have no need to know the rules.

The above was not in any of my posts. You changed my original post from "I
have no need to whine, I know the rules." to the above.

Typical powerboater.

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:04:08 +0200, Lars Kristensen
wrote:

If the powerboats kept well clear of the sailboat

There is no requirement for anyone to keep "well clear".

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:03:36 -0400, "Gerald"
wrote:

I have no need to whine, I know the rules.

Pay no attention to Scotty. He seems to have OD'd on knee jerk
reactions. I'm sure we'll meet up with him some day after he tacks in
front of a powerboat in a narrow channel while he's motor sailing.

No doubt. On of my on water survival rules is to expect that the other guy
doesn't know the rules and be prepared to act accordingly. Frequently they
do know the rules an life goes on with no hiccups. Too frequently they do
not know the rules .... as I feared ... and I do what I need to do to
insure that life goes on with no hiccups. Scotty seems to be typical of
many of the good folks out there --- out enjoying the wonderfull world of
boating without benifit of too much knowledge in areas some of us think is
important. Somehow we all manage to get back to our slips in one piece.

wrote:

If the powerboats kept well clear of the sailboat

There is no requirement for anyone to keep "well clear".

Sad state of affairs when we NEED a requirement to replace
common sense.

Safe boating is no accident!

Scotty

"Gerald" wrote

Scotty seems to be typical of
many of the good folks out there

Thank you.

Scotty

"Scotty" wrote in message
news

wrote:

If the powerboats kept well clear of the sailboat

There is no requirement for anyone to keep "well clear".

Sad state of affairs when we NEED a requirement to replace
common sense.

Safe boating is no accident!

I see your bumber sticker and raise you one ...
"There ain't nothing common about common sense"

Scotty