Larry Larry is offline

Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

"Roger Long" wrote in news:TRowg.3951$1Z5.1739
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Although I'll unplug him at the boat as well, I'd like to know for
general curiosity whether there is any back feed from the unused inlet
plug.

Is there any possible harm (other than a testosterone fueled territory
incident) from simply coiling up one of these cords with a nice note
that there are only so many plugs?

Most boats, here at least, with two cables have one powering the boat's
original power panel and the other powering the air conditioner,
separately. This is done so you can sidle up to a dock that only has 30A
outlets for your 60A load. 30A not being enough to run the fridge, hot
water tank and still have enough left to crank the unforgiving cheap marine
air conditioner's cheap compressor noone thought to put an easy-start kit
into. Unplugging one of them simply spoils all the food left in the
fridge. Unplugging the other one stops the air conditioner and leaves the
boat smelling like a swamp from the amazingly complex biologicals growing
in the bilge water...(c;

--
When you come up to the checkout, ask someone if they saw
the INS agents carrying off 3 people from the store...