Default Running Bad

I have Raven 1992 195cc Cuddy with the 3.7L Mercruiser 4cyl. It
started a little flutter & once in a while a backfire @ high RPM. Since
it had been rebuilt 4-5 years ago and the only maintenance I've done is
oil & impeller changes, I thought it would be a good time for a
tune-up. It has 229 hrs. since rebuild. I replaced points, rotor,
plugs, wires, condessor, and set timing @ +9 degrees, which the
rebuilder says he sets his timings.The distributor was replaced with
which I believe is a Prestolite brand at the time of the rebuild. My
local marine store said the disributor is for 3.0L because the listed
tune-up kit did not match the parts that were in the distributor. It
still acted up, so off came the carburetor. The carburetor was cleaned
at the Kawaski shop, and a rebuild kit was purchased from the local Car
Quest parts store. MercCarb kit 50-766-2. A new float was from the
marine store. The water filter was changed & and a new fuel pump was
installed. The carburetor now floods out and fuel drips inside after
the motor is off & creates more of a flooding problem. When taken a
part there was a solid needle valve in which I left in. The insructions
prefer the spring & needle. The float level is10mm & the drop is 29mm.
Thses measurements were taken from the highest point on the bottom of
the float after it bevels up which is just about even the hanging
bracket. I'm not sure about the choke setting. The choke spring is bent
like a "C" but the wear from the lever is on the other side, so the
butterfly lever is in the "C"( Dad says so).
I have stripped out the threads for the filter, so I left the
filter& spring out & JB Welded the assembly on to stop the leaking.
Since 98% of my boating is on the Mississippi below St. Louis this
thing has to run excellent because help and boat ramps are few. The
boat ran excellent this year up to about the 1st. of June 06.
HELP!!!!!!

Running Lights Quiz# 113 Joe ASA 13 February 1st 06 04:26 PM
88 Evenrude, won't stay running? Backyard Renegade Boat Building 12 April 26th 04 08:07 PM
Stainless steel running gear kim Boat Building 6 October 22nd 03 12:01 PM
Alternator Shot - How long running on Batteries? speedo General 6 October 8th 03 02:29 PM
safe to run generator without engine room fans running? Ed Cruising 1 September 5th 03 01:57 PM