Don White

Default Charcoal Cooking

Chris wrote:
I tried that: Ashes sink/dissolve, but unburned charcoal pieces float
and make an embarrassing mess.
Compressed (char?)coal pellets you can sometimes get might be heavier.

Chris

David M. Hitchner wrote:

I am about to put a charcoal grill on my party barge. Any tips on what to
do with the charcoal after grilling? I do not want to leave them in the
grill while moving.

Thanks.

--
David M. Hitchner - K5DMH
Baton Rouge, LA

Baton Rouge Area Scanning
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-k5dmh

ID Tracker
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/I.../IDTracker.htm

ASDS - Anti-Spam Defense System - Do not Auto-Reply
For replies, use my callsign @bellsouth.net.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!

Why not have a dedicated metal pail/lid to keep them in until proper
disposal?
note: should have a couple inches of sand in the bottom to protect
gelcoat etc from heat.
David M. Hitchner

Thanks for all the responses. I had thought about putting them overboard
since it is wood and should not cause any environmental impact but I'd
really rather not do that.

I liked the idea about the bucket with sand. Since the grill is relatively
small, I should not need a large container. A little water on top should
also help cool things down.

As far as fire hazards go, the grill will be located away from the engine
and fuel and hanging off the side of the boat. Also, I bought a portable
grill with a latching cover that should contain any sparks, etc. Since I do
not house my boat at a marina, I do not need to worry about any rules they
might have.

"David M. Hitchner" wrote in message
. ..
I am about to put a charcoal grill on my party barge. Any tips on what to
do with the charcoal after grilling? I do not want to leave them in the
grill while moving.

Thanks.

--
David M. Hitchner - K5DMH
Baton Rouge, LA

Baton Rouge Area Scanning
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-k5dmh

ID Tracker
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/I.../IDTracker.htm

ASDS - Anti-Spam Defense System - Do not Auto-Reply
For replies, use my callsign @bellsouth.net.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!

Gogarty

What's all the fuss? If you burn real hardwood charcoal and not those
briquettes you will have almost no ash. If your grill has a tight-fitting
cover, you just cover it and let the fire go out, let it cool, and use the
unburned charcoal another time.