David M. Hitchner

Default Charcoal Cooking

Thanks for all the responses. I had thought about putting them overboard
since it is wood and should not cause any environmental impact but I'd
really rather not do that.

I liked the idea about the bucket with sand. Since the grill is relatively
small, I should not need a large container. A little water on top should
also help cool things down.

As far as fire hazards go, the grill will be located away from the engine
and fuel and hanging off the side of the boat. Also, I bought a portable
grill with a latching cover that should contain any sparks, etc. Since I do
not house my boat at a marina, I do not need to worry about any rules they
might have.

"David M. Hitchner" wrote in message
. ..
I am about to put a charcoal grill on my party barge. Any tips on what to
do with the charcoal after grilling? I do not want to leave them in the
grill while moving.

Thanks.

--
David M. Hitchner - K5DMH
Baton Rouge, LA

Baton Rouge Area Scanning
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-k5dmh

ID Tracker
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/I.../IDTracker.htm

ASDS - Anti-Spam Defense System - Do not Auto-Reply
For replies, use my callsign @bellsouth.net.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!