Wayne.B

Default Boat Cushion Cleaning Question

On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:31:34 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Skipper admitted numerous times that he had a
Bayliner and no one thought the worst of him because of it.

In Skipper's case there were plenty of other reasons to think the
worst.

I think with Tom, he has demonstrated a rather thin skin regarding
constructive criticism and is just not eager to hear what people think
of his boat decision. We can almost certainly conclude that it's a
bit of a fixer upper, but what boat isn't.

Thomas Wentworth

Ashamed? Of what. My boat is very nice, it isn't the most luxurious nor
the largest nor the smallest. It is just my nice boat.

You may want to publish your life history, what boat you float around in, et
all. Not me.

Think for a moment. An identiy thief gets the name, hailing port, model,
etc of your boat. How long do you think it is going to take for him to use
this info to his advantage?

I'm surprised at how often I see posters put info out that could lead to
their assets getting ripped off.

Maybe I am just over cautious ..

==============================
"Don White" wrote in message
Roger Long wrote:
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote

Yes, I have a boat.

But, I can't ,, or won't tell what it is on this forum.

Oh, Good Grief. You've got to be kidding.

Does anybody believe this?

Interesting...either he has a special one of a kind boat that would
immediately identify him...or he's ashamed of what he has. He shouldn't
let that get him down..Skipper admitted numerous times that he had a
Bayliner and no one thought the worst of him because of it.

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote

As much as I like to get info here, I am not going to publish my
boat's name, length, or hailing port. Or my real name.

So neither the boat nor your name is real. Oh well, back to the
killfile. Plonk.

--

Roger Long

Wayne.B

On Wed, 31 May 2006 17:24:14 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

Maybe I am just over cautious ..

I think so. Perhaps you could post a picture some time with no
visible name or hailing port. That's what most folks do.

Bill Kearney

Ashamed? Of what. My boat is very nice, it isn't the most luxurious nor
the largest nor the smallest. It is just my nice boat.

Any boat you're actually in the water with beats the heck out of half-assed
landlubbers with 'opinions'.

You may want to publish your life history, what boat you float around in,

et
all. Not me.

Stating what vendor and even the model of it doesn't equate to a life
history.

Think for a moment. An identiy thief gets the name, hailing port, model,
etc of your boat. How long do you think it is going to take for him to

use
this info to his advantage?

Much longer than it'd take that same idiot to just pick something out at
random based on it being an easier crime of opportunity.

I'm surprised at how often I see posters put info out that could lead to
their assets getting ripped off.

Eh, life's all a matter of balancing risk. Enjoying the fruits of one's
labors doesn't make you obligated to crow about it. But being vague in
newsgroups more often gets your painted as a wannabee or dysfunctional,
trolling for attention.

Maybe I am just over cautious ..

Ding! ding! Understatement of the moment.

Don W

Well, He may not be being too cautious. With a
USCG documented boat, given the name of the boat
and the hailing port, you can get the owners name
and address off of the USCG web site. After that
with all the identity theft going on, I'd possibly
start being a little paranoid too.

YMMV,

Don W.