Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Skip Gundlach

Default Dual filter setup pix sought

As I work my way back from the bow (the bulkhead forward of the
saloon), being almost finished in there, my thoughts turn to what's
ahead (or behind/astern, as you prefer).

I succeeded in buying a second Racor on eBay, and two mounted 2-way
valves at a flea market, but would prefer to not have to reinvent the
wheel, as I'm sure there are many here who have done it already.

I considered an already-built dual system, a standard Racor part
number, but it was prohibitively expensive. Theirs, of course, has a
single valve which controls all functions, and a vacuum guage.

Can anyone point me to how to make two separate filters set up in
parallel with the least amount of fuss about it?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/p7rb4 - NOTE:new URL! The vessel as Tehamana, as we
bought her

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely
nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing,
messing-about-in-boats; messing about in boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter,
that's the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never
get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to
do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."