Roger Long

Default Rats!

I got the mast ready today. Just a coat of bottom paint to go before
my launch date next Thursday.

I got the paint out and read through the data sheet. It said "minimum
substrate temperature 45 degrees". I thought about that fiberglass
hull soaking in the low 30's temps last night and sitting in the shade
on this beautiful 50 degree Maine spring day. I went in and asked one
of the yard's paint guys what he thought. He said to forget it, they
weren't painting anything today either.

The long range weather report doesn't show much hope. If anything,
it's going to be colder and wetter early next week.

I asked when the next launch date they can give me is. June!

Oh well, I can always find more projects to do. Maybe I'll pull the
shaft and tackle replacing that stuffing box hose. It doesn't look
too bad but a new one would be real peace of mind.

--

Roger Long

CB

you have VC17-M right? me too. I'm in Montreal. I've got a while to
wait so meantime I'll install my bbq and work on my drain plumbing.

-CB

Gas prices Bob Crantz ASA 196 May 10th 06 03:02 PM
ping Larry MMC Cruising 16 March 9th 06 04:40 AM
Snail Awards 2005 Capt. Rob ASA 45 December 5th 05 12:27 AM
OT LIbby rats on Cheney! [email protected] General 0 October 25th 05 01:42 PM