cvj

Default Cat Question?

We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the Canadian
Gulf Islands. We understand that we need to bring a certificate that our cat
has a current rabies vaccination in order to be allowed into Canadian
waters.

Question, what paperwork is required by the U.S. authorities to bring the
cat back into the USA?

Any advise will be most appreciated.

Claus

Bob

cvj wrote:
We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the Canadian
Gulf Islands.
Any advise will be most appreciated.
Claus

Uhh, have you asked the cat if its going to enjoy a cruise?

I still see the occasional cat freaking out pressed against the back
widow of a speeding car.

Leanne

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

cvj wrote:
We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the

Canadian
Gulf Islands.
Any advise will be most appreciated.
Claus

Uhh, have you asked the cat if its going to enjoy a cruise?

I still see the occasional cat freaking out pressed against the back
widow of a speeding car.

Our cat travels with us in the motorhome and the boat. In the coach, as soon
as the engine starts she goes to her hiding place, under the couch or the
third captain's chair until we stop. On the boat she mostly just lays in a
bunk or on the settee, sometimes joining me in the pilot house to look out
and then back below.

Leanne

James Hamilton

We do it several times a year. All you need is a healthy cat and proof of
a current rabies shot.

--jrh (www.mvdirona.com)

"cvj" wrote in message
. ..
We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the Canadian
Gulf Islands. We understand that we need to bring a certificate that our
cat has a current rabies vaccination in order to be allowed into Canadian
waters.

Question, what paperwork is required by the U.S. authorities to bring the
cat back into the USA?

Any advise will be most appreciated.

Claus

Evan Gatehouse

cvj wrote:
We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the Canadian
Gulf Islands. We understand that we need to bring a certificate that our cat
has a current rabies vaccination in order to be allowed into Canadian
waters.

Question, what paperwork is required by the U.S. authorities to bring the
cat back into the USA?

Any advise will be most appreciated.

Claus

Probably the same. When we entered Key West from Mexico with our cat,
their only question was "is it healthy?". Didn't want to see any
paperwork.

I would of course check with customs just to be sure, but people move
cats/dogs across the Canada / US border all the time on land with
minimal hassle.

Evan Gatehouse

Keith

See:
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...s.ctt/pets.pdf
Short version... if it looks healthy it's OK. If it looks sick, they
will want a vet to inspect it. '

PS. Looking over the brochure, don't even THINK about bringing
birds!!!!!

cvj

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

cvj wrote:
We are planning to take our cat with us on a 2 week cruise to the
Canadian
Gulf Islands.
Any advise will be most appreciated.
Claus

Uhh, have you asked the cat if its going to enjoy a cruise?

I still see the occasional cat freaking out pressed against the back
widow of a speeding car.

Without as must as a "by your leave", Dexter has evidently spent
some time at the keyboard and produced her own blog.

Her style is quite entertaining...although if I may say so, she does take
some cheap shots at both T and me.

Just see for yourself: http://catatsea.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Claus

Thomas Wentworth

I bring my pet rock with me wherever I go... old Stoney don't care. He, or
she,, how can you tell ,,,, sits on the table.

If I throw him overboard I dive down and find him.... then again, how do I
know if he/she is the same Stoney.

**** ,,,, how can I love a rock if I don't even know if it is the same rock
I loved yesterday.

At least you know your cat is your cat. I suppose I could get a pussy for
the boat but then I would need a double berth

About that rock,,,,

. ..

LED question Roger Long Cruising 9 March 25th 06 04:22 PM
Next question ;;;;;; is that your final answer ?? Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 6 December 23rd 05 09:10 PM
Electrical question Doug Dotson Cruising 9 October 24th 05 02:07 AM
Mercruiser outdrive question John Chaplain General 3 October 23rd 05 05:50 PM
Newbie Question: 40' Performance Cruiser question (including powerplant) charliekilo Cruising 19 October 19th 05 02:30 PM