Roger Long

Default We'll see if this works.

I took up on the through hull nut of my Signet Knotlog a little too
soon . The bedding hadn't set up fully and the flange ended up
slightly below the hull surface. I presently have a minimal
performing antifouling paint on my boat because I don't want to pay
for stripping and starting over. Since I've been thinking of finding
a bit of really strong paint to put on the through hull flange because
growth there interferes with the operation of the little paddle wheel.

I was asking myself, "What is the best antifouling coating?" and
remembered copper sheathing. Here's killing two birds with one stone:

Http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Strider0604.htm#Copper

The copper is epoxied on and pretty thin. It doesn't look as though
it should interfere with the paddle wheel operation although I might
have to tweak the adjustment a bit.

I'll try to remember next fall to let you know how it works.

--

Roger Long

Larry

"Roger Long" wrote in news:kwy0g.283$bG1.161
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Knotlog

If you come South, Roger, the only way to keep the paddle wheel clear of
critters is to pull it out of its little seachest. The B&G SPEED
paddlewheel plug pullout is just part of our post-sailing checklist....

They stay quite clean, there, in the little fiberglass fitting Amel
installed in the bilge to put them in. If left installed in the harbor
water in Charleston, you won't be able to pry the buggers out of the little
wheel in a week.

And they bite like hell....

Roger Long

I learned the lesson about pulling it out frequently last year. With
the marginal anti-fouling I'm using, enough stuff still grew up around
the hole that the paddle wheel didn't turn after I cleared it. It
just streamed back and jammed it.

Next year, if my berth bottom is far enough above the waterline, I may
try to modify one of these so that it's on a long tube that is far
enough above the waterline that I don't get a big slug of salt water
in the boat every time I pull it. It's in a tight spot and a quick
switch is difficult.

--

Roger Long

It works! RCE General 5 February 17th 06 12:57 PM
A file remover that really, truly works... JohnH General 0 February 7th 06 05:47 PM
A file remover that really, truly works... Wayne.B General 6 February 7th 06 05:43 PM
A file remover that really, truly works... Reggie Smithers General 4 February 7th 06 03:46 AM
A file remover that really, truly works... JimH General 0 February 6th 06 09:45 PM