Roger Long

Default We'll see if this works.

I took up on the through hull nut of my Signet Knotlog a little too
soon . The bedding hadn't set up fully and the flange ended up
slightly below the hull surface. I presently have a minimal
performing antifouling paint on my boat because I don't want to pay
for stripping and starting over. Since I've been thinking of finding
a bit of really strong paint to put on the through hull flange because
growth there interferes with the operation of the little paddle wheel.

I was asking myself, "What is the best antifouling coating?" and
remembered copper sheathing. Here's killing two birds with one stone:

Http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Strider0604.htm#Copper

The copper is epoxied on and pretty thin. It doesn't look as though
it should interfere with the paddle wheel operation although I might
have to tweak the adjustment a bit.

I'll try to remember next fall to let you know how it works.

--

Roger Long