JimH

Default A file remover that really, truly works...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Every have a program you thought you completely removed from your
computer, only to find out it left behind trash files you couldn't remove
from your hard drive, no matter what?

Well, I dumped a Norton suite a few months ago, but could not get rid of
the "NPROTECT" folder and the four gigs of files in it. No matter what I
tried, the utilities and methods I used reported that the system couldn't
"see" the files and therefore could not remove them. The idiots at Norton
(Symantec) tech support directed me toward the usual simple-minded cures
they are qualified to dispense, but I had already gone through those.

Then I stumbled across Unlocker. It's freeware, not shareware. Costs
nothing. Got rid of the damned NPROTECT folder and its files, and freed up
4+ gigs of hard drive space.

Now, you have to know what kinds of files to remove and what kind to keep
your mitts off of, so this util can be dangerous if used indiscriminately.
But it does work on hard to remove files.

Enjoy.

It is a great program Harry. I found it several months ago and used it
several times already, including yesterday.