Default file under...

The south was right but I am glad we lost. Anybody who reads the
articles of secession of the various states has to realize that the
Confederacy WAS fighting to preserve slavery. However, anybody who
reads statements by Lincoln, Grant, and other northern leaders will
realize the north WAS NOT fighting against slavery but simply to
preserve the southern cash cow for taxation. Thus, both sides had the
basest of motives.
The south was legally right in being able to secede but we should all
be glad the south lost because it led to the end of slavery.
The issue of the CSA flag is another matter.

A pragmatic and proud southerner.

I am sorry I got sucked intoa political issue unrelated to boating and
I apologize. Now Harry, we need to figure out a way to continue this
debate without boring everyone else.

Bert Robbins

wrote in message
oups.com...
The south was right but I am glad we lost. Anybody who reads the
articles of secession of the various states has to realize that the
Confederacy WAS fighting to preserve slavery. However, anybody who
reads statements by Lincoln, Grant, and other northern leaders will
realize the north WAS NOT fighting against slavery but simply to
preserve the southern cash cow for taxation. Thus, both sides had the
basest of motives.
The south was legally right in being able to secede but we should all
be glad the south lost because it led to the end of slavery.
The issue of the CSA flag is another matter.

A pragmatic and proud southerner.

Where in the constitution does it describe how one can secede from the
United States of America?

Wayne.B

On 1 Feb 2006 15:24:16 -0800, "
wrote:

we need to figure out a way to continue this
debate without boring everyone else.

Good point.

It's called EMAIL.

Calif Bill

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
The south was right but I am glad we lost. Anybody who reads the
articles of secession of the various states has to realize that the
Confederacy WAS fighting to preserve slavery. However, anybody who
reads statements by Lincoln, Grant, and other northern leaders will
realize the north WAS NOT fighting against slavery but simply to
preserve the southern cash cow for taxation. Thus, both sides had the
basest of motives.
The south was legally right in being able to secede but we should all
be glad the south lost because it led to the end of slavery.
The issue of the CSA flag is another matter.

A pragmatic and proud southerner.

Where in the constitution does it describe how one can secede from the
United States of America?

Not in the Constitution. I think it is in the documents creating the
Republic.

JohnH

On 1 Feb 2006 15:24:16 -0800, "
wrote:

I am sorry I got sucked intoa political issue unrelated to boating and
I apologize. Now Harry, we need to figure out a way to continue this
debate without boring everyone else.

take it to a.politics.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:16:52 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 1 Feb 2006 15:24:16 -0800, "
wrote:

I am sorry I got sucked intoa political issue unrelated to boating and
I apologize. Now Harry, we need to figure out a way to continue this
debate without boring everyone else.

take it to a.politics.
--

Sorry, I don't read or post in that newsgroup.

No, it's obvious what you try to do. I hope you don't succeed.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****