Jeff

Default Boat Safety - and thread arguments

"News f2s" wrote in message

Sure. Except in UK. We seem to have very safe roads; heaven knows
why, they're so crowded!

The UK ranks very low, with 1.4 deaths per 100 million passenger miles, but
the USA is not too far off at 1.7, with stricter reporting. Most other
coutries are significantly worse.
http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/causes.html scroll about 85% down.

Private aircraft? Whoa there! different game! 10 times the risk?
100 times the risk? Who cares about the odd 20% here or there.
Definitely dodgy.

I started taking lessons once, until a friend (who now owns a plane) pointed
out that many of the pilots we knew had crashed or had done a rough forced
landing. I decided I could only fully commit to one sport!