Frank

Default Sailboat storage in Trinidad

I'm looking for a list of what I should do to my boat for storage in
Trinidad. I've already gotten a reservation at Peakes. The kind of
information I'm looking for is what to do with the diesel, the
outboard, halyards, cushions, etc. Should I leave a dehumidifier
running? Should I put mothballs in the boat?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Evan Gatehouse

Frank wrote:
I'm looking for a list of what I should do to my boat for storage in
Trinidad. I've already gotten a reservation at Peakes. The kind of
information I'm looking for is what to do with the diesel, the
outboard, halyards, cushions, etc. Should I leave a dehumidifier
running? Should I put mothballs in the boat?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

We left our boat in Panama from July to November in Pedro Miguel.

- cleaned all wooden surfaces with water/bleach solution (the one
panel we forgot was somewhat fuzzy when we returned)

- cleaned all bedding and left locker doors propped/tied open

- covered the fwd hatch with ridgid dinghy and left slightly open

- didn't fog the diesel since it was only 4 months

- removed the sails (less windage, UV etc.)

- didn't even think about halyards

Bad things:

- didn't disconnect the solar panel and only later found out the
controller thought 14.6V was o.k. to float a full battery

- put all CD's and portable electronics into a Rubbermaid tub with
"Dri-Z-Aire" type crystals. Made a nice corrosive soup. Should have
tried harder to find silica gel and separated it from items to be
protected

Evan Gatehouse