GBM

Default Yanmar alternator Wiring

Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic for a yanmar 2QM15?

I have two simplified schematics but they don't help much.

I am trying to find out where the red wire connected to the "B" stud on the
alternator goes to and what the engine mounted fuse protects. All I know,
is that the red wire ENTERS the wiring harness and that another red wire
EXITS the same harness and connects to the starter and this is the
alternator output to the batteries.

The fuse is mounted on the engine. The schematic in the parts manual shows
that this fuse is on a connection from the "B" terminal to the panel, but
the schematic is suspect because it does not show the connection to the
starter or batteries.

Hope the question is clear

GM

Bob

GBM wrote:
Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic for a yanmar 2QM15?

GM

Hi GBM:

I have a Yanmar QM series shop manual. Cant get to it untill next week
though. I seem to remember seeing a detailed wiring diagram in the red
yanmar book.

Right now I am looking at my SELOC Yanmar (1975-98) repair manual.
Chapter five is electrical. Hummm, not much there. Time for some
coffee. I'll thumb through and see what it has.

Maybe sombody else can help if you are pressed for time.
Have you considered ordering the Seloc book? Its not bad, but.....
Let me know if you want me dig out my shop manual.

Reference Bob

Roger Long

Click here to see the electrical schematic from my 2QM20(H) / 3QM30(H)
Service Manual. Not quite the same engine but the wiring should be
similar.

Http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Electrical.pdf

--

Roger Long

"GBM" wrote in message
[...]

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

GBM wrote:
Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic for a yanmar 2QM15?

GM

Hi GBM:

I have a Yanmar QM series shop manual. Cant get to it untill next week
though. I seem to remember seeing a detailed wiring diagram in the red
yanmar book.

Right now I am looking at my SELOC Yanmar (1975-98) repair manual.
Chapter five is electrical. Hummm, not much there. Time for some
coffee. I'll thumb through and see what it has.

Maybe sombody else can help if you are pressed for time.
Have you considered ordering the Seloc book? Its not bad, but.....
Let me know if you want me dig out my shop manual.

Reference Bob

Bob - It would be useful to know just how the wiring inside the harness is
connected. In particular, I would like to know which wire the fuse is in -
alternator output line to panel or line to starter/batteries. If you can
find it, it would help. I do have the illustrated parts list and the engine
manual, but the wiring schematics are skimpy and maybe even wrong!

Thanks,

GBM

GBM

"Roger Long" wrote
Click here to see the electrical schematic from my 2QM20(H) / 3QM30(H)
Service Manual. Not quite the same engine but the wiring should be
similar.

Http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Electrical.pdf

Roger,

That I think is exactly same as on my engine. I now see exactly where the
fuse is located.

Bob - If you see this, please ignore my previous post - this is what I was
looking for!

Thanks to all,

GBM

GBM wrote:
Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic for a yanmar 2QM15?

I have two simplified schematics but they don't help much.

I am trying to find out where the red wire connected to the "B" stud on the
alternator goes to and what the engine mounted fuse protects. All I know,
is that the red wire ENTERS the wiring harness and that another red wire
EXITS the same harness and connects to the starter and this is the
alternator output to the batteries.

The fuse is mounted on the engine. The schematic in the parts manual shows
that this fuse is on a connection from the "B" terminal to the panel, but
the schematic is suspect because it does not show the connection to the
starter or batteries.

Hope the question is clear

GM

Which alternator does your Yanmar have? Mitsubishi? Nippon Denso?
Hitachi? Valeo?

Yanmar bolted a host of different units onto their engines.
Anyhow B+ goes to red right to the battery cable stud on the starter
"F" or "D+" or "L" goes to the key switch to excite the unit. if the
alt. is equipped with an "L" terminal that means "LIGHT" and should be
recommended to run through a small 12v bulb before attaching tot he key
switch. therefore, when the key is "on" the light glows showing a
drain because the alt. bulls about a 4-5 amp current. Whne you start
the engine, the power will feed back through the light, and equalize
with the battery output and the light will go out, showing charge.

Bob

wrote:
GBM wrote:
Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic for a yanmar 2QM15?

I have two simplified schematics but they don't help much.

I am trying to find out where the red wire connected to the "B" stud on the
alternator goes to and what the engine mounted fuse protects. All I know,
is that the red wire ENTERS the wiring harness and that another red wire
EXITS the same harness and connects to the starter and this is the
alternator output to the batteries.

The fuse is mounted on the engine. The schematic in the parts manual shows
that this fuse is on a connection from the "B" terminal to the panel, but
the schematic is suspect because it does not show the connection to the
starter or batteries.

Hope the question is clear

GM

Hey Thank You ! !

Your post is going right into my SEALOC Yanmar book! Right where that
information should be.

I really like this group. Very helpful................. NOw if I can
just keep my nose out of those political posts.
Bob

Bob wrote:

I really like this group. Very helpful................. NOw if I can
just keep my nose out of those political posts.
Bob

For political muse go over to wrecked.boats LOL!

Nah, since the beginning of the year, evidently some new years
resolutions took hold to cut out a lot of the political stuff, and it's
calmed down quite a bit.

Tim