Glenn A. Heslop

Default Surveyor: SE Florida?

My dear old Dad is working on the purchase of a Grand Banks trawler. The
boat is located in Boca Raton. Any recomendations for a very good surveyor
for this type of vessel? Any to stay away from?

Also, a good marine diesel surveyor/mechanic in the same area?

Thanks,

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net

Wayne.B

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 04:19:54 GMT, "Glenn A. Heslop"
wrote:

My dear old Dad is working on the purchase of a Grand Banks trawler. The
boat is located in Boca Raton. Any recomendations for a very good surveyor
for this type of vessel? Any to stay away from?

Also, a good marine diesel surveyor/mechanic in the same area?

Actually you are better off to get someone from out of the area who
has no local affiliations. Surveyors depend on brokers for referrals.

When I bought my GB in St Pete I used surveyors from the Ft Myers area
and gladly payed their travel expenses. It was a bargain in the long
run.

Gene Sipe for the boat:

http://www.boatcheckers.com/genebio.htm

Dan Matos for the engines:

239-461-0366-O, 239-461-9086-Fax, 239-850-0238-Mobile1

They are both first rate guys.

Also:

http://www.marinesurvey.org/fl.html

Ed

Ed Rowe and associates (Get Ed to do the work)

954-792-6092

Ed has surveyed 6 boats for me including purchase, sale and insurance
surveys. He has also surveyed many of my freinds boats. He explains
what is wrong as he goes along and gives maint hints etc.

BTW... I am not that ed. my email address is ed at e s t r o b e l
dot c o m

What kind of diesels? Lots of good mechanics down here but they are
more specialized. (Cummins, Detroit, perkins????)

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Ed. These are Ford Lehmans. Any recomendations?

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net