Bryan

Default Ayatollah Monaghan sets up shop near Naples, Florida

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
New Florida town would restrict abortion
Domino's founder building community around Catholic university

NAPLES, Florida (AP) -- If Domino's Pizza founder Thomas S. Monaghan has
his way, a new town being built in Florida will be governed according to
strict Roman Catholic principles, with no place to get an abortion,
pornography or birth control.

The pizza magnate is bankrolling the project with at least $250 million
and calls it "God's will."

Civil libertarians say the plan is unconstitutional and are threatening to
sue.

During a speech last year at a Catholic men's gathering in Boston,
Monaghan said that in his community, stores will not sell pornographic
magazines,

Not a bad thing.

pharmacies will not carry condoms or birth control pills,

Stupid. Really Stupid!

and cable television will have no X-rated channels.

Not a bad thing.

I don't like religious knuckleheads telling anyone other than their own
families how to act.
Still, the town plan doesn't forbid possession or use of the above items;
just no sale of such material in town. Not being a constitutional lawyer, I
don't know if that's a violation.
Who knows, maybe if I sold my pizza place for a billion dollars I might want
to create my own town/village/community/utopia. I guess I would have to ban
the reading of animal farm.

Who says Ayatollahville can't happen here?

Haven't you been paying attention? Some members of this ng believe that the
bush regime is ayatollahville. On the other hand, some members of this ng,
think the bush presidency is a gift from their God. Will we still have
these arguments when we're all sitting around the marina in heaven?

DSK

Bryan wrote:
.... Will we still have
these arguments when we're all sitting around the marina in heaven?

Some of us will. Others won't. You know, there are no
motorboats allowed in Heaven!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bryan

"DSK" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:
.... Will we still have these arguments when we're all sitting around
the marina in heaven?

Some of us will. Others won't. You know, there are no motorboats allowed
in Heaven!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Now that's funny! And on topic.

NOYB

"Bryan" wrote in message
et...

[...]

Since there is nothing there right now, and he's building it from scratch, I
suppose he could make any rules that he wants.

Down here, homeowner associations have all sorts of assanine rules that hold
up to court challenges all of the time. The argument always is: a) you knew
the rules going in, and b) if you don't like it, don't live there.