Bryan

Default Ayatollah Monaghan sets up shop near Naples, Florida

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
New Florida town would restrict abortion
Domino's founder building community around Catholic university

NAPLES, Florida (AP) -- If Domino's Pizza founder Thomas S. Monaghan has
his way, a new town being built in Florida will be governed according to
strict Roman Catholic principles, with no place to get an abortion,
pornography or birth control.

The pizza magnate is bankrolling the project with at least $250 million
and calls it "God's will."

Civil libertarians say the plan is unconstitutional and are threatening to
sue.

During a speech last year at a Catholic men's gathering in Boston,
Monaghan said that in his community, stores will not sell pornographic
magazines,

Not a bad thing.

pharmacies will not carry condoms or birth control pills,

Stupid. Really Stupid!

and cable television will have no X-rated channels.

Not a bad thing.

I don't like religious knuckleheads telling anyone other than their own
families how to act.
Still, the town plan doesn't forbid possession or use of the above items;
just no sale of such material in town. Not being a constitutional lawyer, I
don't know if that's a violation.
Who knows, maybe if I sold my pizza place for a billion dollars I might want
to create my own town/village/community/utopia. I guess I would have to ban
the reading of animal farm.

Who says Ayatollahville can't happen here?

Haven't you been paying attention? Some members of this ng believe that the
bush regime is ayatollahville. On the other hand, some members of this ng,
think the bush presidency is a gift from their God. Will we still have
these arguments when we're all sitting around the marina in heaven?