Thomas Wentworth

Default Roger Long ,, New Jersey ,, are you NUTS?

This is where your boating license money will go .... right in the pocket
of the NJ corrupt politicians.

Do you think this group of thieves care about boating safety?

You can give away your right to sail free of thieves, corrupt politicians,
and a government which only wants to take away your money to give to someone
else...

PLEASE LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR INSANE BEHAVIOR.

.. Martin Barnes
The ex-mayor of Paterson was indicted and convicted of accepting lavish
gifts in exchange for city contracts.
Marty shows no remorse (April 23, 2003, Star-Ledger)
The accusations (January 5, 2002, Star-Ledger)

Barry
.. Joe Barry
The real estate mogul and associate Paul Byrne were indicted on charges that
they tried to buy off Hudson County official.
Barry headed to the big house (Oct. 22, 2004, Jersey Journal)

Bost
.. Sara Bost
Although she never admitted taking bribes, the ex-Irvington mayor got more
than a slap on the wrist when it came to sentencing.
Bost in prison camp (Dec. 2, 2003, Star-Ledger)
A harsh reprimand (Sept. 9, 2003, Star-Ledger)
Bost pleads guilty (April 24, 2003, Star-Ledger)

Braker
.. William Braker
Ex-Hudson County freeholder William Braker pleads guilty to attempted
extortion.
Braker admits shakedown (June 30, 2004, Jersey Journal)
Braker gets 41 months (Dec. 23, 2004, Jersey Journal)

Byrne
.. Paul J. Byrne
The former Hudson County Democratic power broker suffered heart failure and
a stroke while awaiting conviction on corruption charges.
Byrne expires at home (May 6, 2005, Jersey Journal)
....Meanwhile, his pal goes to jail (May 6, 2005, Star-Ledger)
Byrne: I'm ready for death (April 26, 2005, Newhouse News)
Byrne zings Bobby J. (Oct. 16, 2003, Jersey Journal)

Davila-Colon
.. Nidia Davila-Colon
Unbelievably, voters elected this ex-Hudson County freeholder to another
term while she was under indictment. Her tenure was short-lived after she
was found guilty of passing bribes.
Prisoner 25094-050 (Mar. 17, 2004, Jersey Journal)
Nidia gets 37 months (Dec. 16, '03, Star-Ledger)
Davila-Colon resigns (June 27, 2003, Jersey Journal)
The conviction (June 24, 2003, Jersey Journal)
Chronology of events (June 24, 2003, Jersey Journal)
Pols mum on conviction (June 24, 2003, Jersey Journal)

Free
.. Jerry Free
The head of United Gunite, the Irvington sewer company that scored dirty
government contracts. Free turned government informant and now lives in
opulent exile in Florida. His trail of deceit is still unraveling.
Free gets house arrest (April 13, 2005, Star-Ledger)
Still wheeling and dealing (April 10, 2005, Star-Ledger)
A tale of graft (January 24, 2003, Star-Ledger)
Exile of a salesman (January 24, 2003, Star-Ledger)

Impreveduto
.. Anthony Impreveduto
The longtime Hudson County assemblyman got five years probation and various
fines after pleading guilty to using campaign funds to pay personal
expenses.
Ex-Hudson pol fined (Jan. 25, 2005, Star-Ledger)
Family was on payroll (Nov. 21, 2004, Star-Ledger)

Janiszewski
.. Robert Janiszewski
The ex-Hudson County exec was nabbed for taking bribes. Now, "Janu" is the
feds' star witness in a litany of cases against other corrupt Jersey pols.
Bobby J. to 'Abu Gharib' in B'klyn (June 29, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Judge: Bye-bye, ya bum (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Hudson pols on conviction (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
His only backer (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Kin, friends beg for mercy (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Ex-secretary: I'd still call him friend (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Testimony revealed his corruption (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Bobby J. brought them down (March 25, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Feds thrilled by star witness (June 25, 2003, Star-Ledger)
A who's who (October 16, 2003, Jersey Journal)

Larrison
.. Harry Larrison Jr.
Nicknamed "Mr. Monmouth County" after serving the region almost 50 years,
the ex-freeholder was charged with asking developers to pay for a Florida
vacation and other expenses.
'Mr. Monmouth County' dies (May 31, 2005, Star-Ledger)
Former freeholder charged (April 28, 2005, Star-Ledger)

Lee
.. Robert W. Lee Sr.
NJ's ex-chief of boxing and head of the International Boxing Federation was
KO'd in '99 for racketeering, money laundering and tax evasion. He ducked
jailtime for years with endless appeals.
To jail at last (June 29, 2004, Star-Ledger)

Milan
.. Milton Milan
Former Camden mayor Milton Milan was convicted of various corruption
charges, including soliciting bribes from mobsters and staging a fake
burglary to commit fraud.
Milan gets the max (June 16, 2001, Associated Press)
Milan is convicted (December 22, 2000, Associated Press)
Shady leadership haunts Camden (December 22, 2000, Associated Press)
Mob boss fingers Milan (November 11, 2000, Associated Press)

.. Harry Parkin
The chief of staff to former Mercer County Executive Robert D. Prunetti,
Parkin was convicted on corruption charges for using his position to foster
a secret financial interest in the county's recycling hauler.
Parkin gets 7.5 years (August 26, 2005, The Times, Trenton)
Parkin convicted (March 22, 2005, The Times, Trenton)
Friend: He wouldn't wear a wire (March 22, 2005, The Times, Trenton)
Jurors mum on decision (March 22, 2005, The Times, Trenton)

Russo
.. Anthony Russo
Loud and powerful, the ex-Hoboken mayor was a formidable political
opponent -- and an FBI target from the get-go. He plead guilty to mail
fraud.
Russo reports to prison (July 18, 2005, Jersey Journal)
No mercy for Russo (May 18, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Russo's apology (May 18, 2005, Jersey Journal)
Amidst charges, praise (September 9, 2003, Jersey Journal)
Cynicism reigns in Hudson (September 9, 2003, Jersey Journal)

Scannapieco
.. Matthew Scannapieco
The ex-Marlboro mayor pleaded guilty to accepting $245,000 in bribes to help
builders' reshape the landscape of this fast-growing town.
Ex-mayor faces 15 years (April 13, 2005, The Star-Ledger)

Treffinger
.. Jim Treffinger
The ex-Essex County Executive who plead guilty to a host of graft charges
said he found religion ... just in time for his sentencing.
Feds seek stiff jail term (Oct. 9, 2003, Star-Ledger)
Derailed by his own deceit (May 31, 2003, Star-Ledger)
Treffinger admits his guilt (May 31, 2003, Star-Ledger)

Print This

Attached Images
File Type: gif print.gif (94 Bytes, 1 views)
File Type: gif email.gif (88 Bytes, 1 views)
Roger Long

Thomas my man: You are going to have a really tough time buying and
operating a boat if you don't learn to read more carefully. There are
things like engine manuals, sales agreements.

I don't support what New Jersey is doing. I'll resist it if it comes
to Maine although I can support different kinds of efforts to increase
the probability that the other fellow headed straight for me knows
which way he is suppose to turn.

Rest of Group: Looking at the tone here, anyone want to start a pool
on whether we ever actually see a picture of an actual boat that this
fellow bought?

--

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
[...]

DSK

Roger Long wrote:
Thomas my man: You are going to have a really tough time buying and
operating a boat if you don't learn to read more carefully. There are
things like engine manuals, sales agreements.

I don't support what New Jersey is doing. I'll resist it if it comes
to Maine although I can support different kinds of efforts to increase
the probability that the other fellow headed straight for me knows
which way he is suppose to turn.

Rest of Group: Looking at the tone here, anyone want to start a pool
on whether we ever actually see a picture of an actual boat that this
fellow bought?

He's not so bad... a bit contentious but then he needs a
good hobby... owning a boat will occupy his hands for more
of the day.

Besides, buying a boat isn't hard at all. Choosing a good
one is a bit more difficult.

Outfitting it and skippering it on a voyage (even if the
voyage is relatively short).... now that is a hurdle that
many people never get over. We'll see.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Roger Long

Sheesh! How did I become the poster child for boat licensing? I can
see why politicians are afraid to touch any hot button issues.

I didn't realize it had already come to CT and other places, all I did
was say, "The redcoats are coming!" and now I'm a Tory.

--

Roger Long

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:17:41 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"

said:

This is where your boating license money will go .... right in the
pocket
of the NJ corrupt politicians.

Do you think this group of thieves care about boating safety?

Ah, so you don't oppose licensing generally. Just licensing in NJ.

The above was, of course, tongue planted firmly in cheek, and
intended only
to highlight the fact that such arguments are ducking the issue
whether it's
a good idea at all, regardless of whether politicians in a
particular state
are dishonest.

Thomas Wentworth

Yo,, Roger ,,,, just so you know...

It is being painted, and readied as I type. And it is a really BIG one.

And guess where it is? That's right,,, MAINE! Right next to YOU!

Ho Ho HO .... and a bottle of diet Pepsi. I don't drink.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
[...]

"DSK"

He's not so bad... a bit contentious but then he needs a good
hobby... owning a boat will occupy his hands for more of the day.

I can't wait

--

Roger Long

Roger Long

Congratulations!

If it really is right next to me, please make yourself known. We
should bury the hatchet over a bottle of Pepsi although I drink the
hard stuff with the sugar in it.

(Just be sure you have your boater's license ready to show me before
you ask me to go for a ride

--

Yo,, Roger ,,,, just so you know...

It is being painted, and readied as I type. And it is a really BIG
one.

And guess where it is? That's right,,, MAINE! Right next to YOU!

Ho Ho HO .... and a bottle of diet Pepsi. I don't drink.

Larry

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in news:VhgYf.1719$v9.1382
@trndny01:

accepting $245,000 in bribes

See? I told ya it was about the money...(c;

Feds had a sting to catch SC politicians a while back. Operation
something-or-other netted them some big names in SC politics. Must have
made a momentary dip in bribe collections.

We spend a fortune on Dept of Transportation (DOT). The roads are going
all to hell, covered over with untrimmed trees, full of potholes, shoulders
falling into ditches....Wonder where the money went??

Don White

Roger Long wrote:
Sheesh! How did I become the poster child for boat licensing? I can
see why politicians are afraid to touch any hot button issues.

I didn't realize it had already come to CT and other places, all I did
was say, "The redcoats are coming!" and now I'm a Tory.

You have to wonder what guys like Dave are really scared of.....
maybe flunking then exam?
Roger Long

And...

after all this, I'm sure everyone here would love to see what you
bought. If you don't have easy access to a picture posting site,
email a picture or pictures to me. I'll email you a link you can use
to show her off.

--

Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Congratulations!

If it really is right next to me, please make yourself known. We
should bury the hatchet over a bottle of Pepsi although I drink the
hard stuff with the sugar in it.

(Just be sure you have your boater's license ready to show me before
you ask me to go for a ride

--

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
Yo,, Roger ,,,, just so you know...

It is being painted, and readied as I type. And it is a really BIG
one.

And guess where it is? That's right,,, MAINE! Right next to YOU!

Ho Ho HO .... and a bottle of diet Pepsi. I don't drink.

New Jersey operator licensing Roger Long Cruising 143 April 13th 06 12:47 AM
off-topic - possible legislation in New Jersey: persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites Hoodoo Cruising 5 March 10th 06 10:26 PM
off-topic - possible legislation in New Jersey: persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites Hoodoo General 5 March 9th 06 11:16 AM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM