Ken Heaton

Default Favorite GPS

Here's a review I found on the weather reporting capabilities of the Garmin
376C:

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/Garmin376C.html

--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"Ken Heaton" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've only ever used a Garmin GPS Map 76, which I like a lot. It won't
accept sounder data though. The next Garmins up , both the GPSMAP 276C
and the GPSMAP 376C support external NMEA sources for water depth,
water temperature, and water speed through two serial interfaces..
They have built in Lithium battery packs so they don't need external
power and are optimised for either Auto or Marine uses. See:
http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap276c/

~^ beancounter ~^

yea, thanx for the tips...i am thinking of upgrading my
296 to the 396...I want to make sure it has the "on the
water" bells and whistles......the 296 & 396 are a bit pricy,
but a lot less that we would have paid years ago...esp for
the aviation features......