stingray240

Default Alpha 1 outdrives

What is the best paint to use on the Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive to
prevent salt water corrision in your experience. Thanks....

Leanne

stingray240 wrote in message
What is the best paint to use on the Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive to
prevent salt water corrision in your experience. Thanks....

I don't think there is one.

Leanne

JimH

stingray240 wrote in message
What is the best paint to use on the Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive to
prevent salt water corrision in your experience. Thanks....

Merc has a spray paint for all their outdrives................it will not
prevent salt water corrosion though. No paint will.

Make sure you tilt the drive up as far as possible when docked. Make sure
your zincs are in decent shape.

Do you have a Mercathode system on the outdrive?

stingray240

It's a 1998 Alpha 1 generation 2 outdrive. I sits for about 5 months
at a slip in salt water in Quincy,Mass. (brackish water). I just
purchased a Mercruiser alunimum anode kit (they don't sell zinc
anymore but this is supposed to work better). Thank all of you for
your answers.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:30:07 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

.. .